What is wrong with the Charge?

dd0yl3

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Why does it seem like there is not that many people interested in this phone. It has 4g and a better screen than the thunderbolt. What is wrong with it?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Why does it seem like there is not that many people interested in this phone. It has 4g and a better screen than the thunderbolt. What is wrong with it?

High price tag and many people feel burned by the lack of timely updates from verizon./samsung.

but im getting one

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Repeat after me: $300 single core phone with 2 gb of onboard memory.

When you can go to AT&T and get a dual core Atrix for $200, the price tag is ridiculous and stupid. It doesn't matter that it has a SAMOLED+ display or LTE; the package as a whole is overpriced.

That being said, I'm going to still give it a chance. BMX has said the screen is amazing and the battery life is miles ahead of the Bolt, so its worth at least giving it a look.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Repeat after me: $300 single core phone with 2 gb of onboard memory.

When you can go to AT&T and get a dual core Atrix for $200, the price tag is ridiculous and stupid. It doesn't matter that it has a SAMOLED+ display or LTE; the package as a whole is overpriced.

That being said, I'm going to still give it a chance. BMX has said the screen is amazing and the battery life is miles ahead of the Bolt, so its worth at least giving it a look.

retail it costs the same at a TB

w00tw00twhat

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I love it, despite all the horrible comments people give this phone and i still want the thing really bad. Its the screen man...the SAMOLED Plus is just going to be spoogtacular. The phone is still fast, 4G LTE, and thats about all i want in a phone, fast, 4g and one amazing screen. So Verizon already has my money.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Its crazy.. As good as the screen is 300 is a lot and this is bad for future phones if this sells good... When the Epic came out i wanted it and paid the 250 for it but if they plan on selling the next gen phones at this price in the summer im going to have to pass on a release day phone for the first time since the instinct... :O( Sorry to those who buy this phone but i hope it sinks and they drop the price to 100 2yr contract...

On a good note it is a sweet looking phone :O)

Halcyon

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
What you get for $300.00:

- Slow or non existant updates from Samsung/Vzw.
- Terrible file system.
- Touchwiz.
- Great screen.
- Same specs as a current Fascinate other than the 4G.
- You get to pay $100.00 more for your phone than other phones that are equally good or better.

No thanks I'll pass.

w00tw00twhat

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I still dont get it...almost everyone i knows drops $500+ on phones so when i told my friend i was droping 300 bucks on a phone he said...wow thats cheap. I guess its just what you find expensive, cheap, a good phone or a bad phone. To some people specs of the phone aren't what really matter, i mean as long as its up to date with most phones which it seems pretty close. Duel-core phones are just starting to hit the market and verizon doesnt even have one out yet so it right now is fine, but if this was coming out in 5+ months then yeah screw that. where it lacks in some hardware it makes it up with a beautiful screen. Im in graphic design, so i love absolutely anything with the ability to make me go wow now those are some colors on a phone. I understand tho why people dont want this phone, its cool hey man all about personal preference right. This is just a possible reason as to why some may want this phone.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I still dont get it...almost everyone i knows drops $500+ on phones so when i told my friend i was droping 300 bucks on a phone he said...wow thats cheap. I guess its just what you find expensive, cheap, a good phone or a bad phone. To some people specs of the phone aren't what really matter, i mean as long as its up to date with most phones which it seems pretty close. Duel-core phones are just starting to hit the market and verizon doesnt even have one out yet so it right now is fine, but if this was coming out in 5+ months then yeah screw that. where it lacks in some hardware it makes it up with a beautiful screen. Im in graphic design, so i love absolutely anything with the ability to make me go wow now those are some colors on a phone. I understand tho why people dont want this phone, its cool hey man all about personal preference right. This is just a possible reason as to why some may want this phone.

Not on a 2 year contract budd. lol

Reactions: sq0nk

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
All of the shortcomings on the phone can be fixed with dev support.

Slow updates?...fixed with leaks and rom development.
Bad file system?...fixed with voodoo kernel
Touchwiz?...fixed with ADW or Launcherpro

Maybe for the person who is not proactive and whines, then yes those are glaring probs.
Me? I hack and root/rom with abandon so I don't have a prob with these shortcomings.

Bring on the Charge!!

:D

w00tw00twhat

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Not on a 2 year contract budd. lol

Oh i have cards up my sleeve. I have another contract up in Oct this year this phone is pearly for the time being and right now my pre+ is having issues so i need a new phone as soon as next week. So ill have this phone and another new duel-core top spec phone depending on which bad boys are coming out end Q3 and Q4. So im even worried less about updates and specs atm.

w00tw00twhat

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Maybe for the person who is not proactive and whines, then yes those are glaring probs.
Me? I hack and root/rom with abandon so I don't have a prob with these shortcomings.

Bring on the Charge!!

I couldnt have said it any better :D

Wenjaman

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Bring on the Charge!!

I don't think it's laziness. I think it's more so the fact that you shouldn't have to pay $100 more for a phone with subpar specs that requires so many fixes (which also void the warranty on your $300 phone).

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it's laziness. I think it's more so the fact that you shouldn't have to pay $100 more for a phone with subpar specs that requires so many fixes (which also void the warranty on your $300 phone).

which fixes does it need, can you please make a list for me so im prepared?

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

It seems you're the type of guy that won't hack into your phone, which is fine.

My fascinate is heavily modded and yes, the warranty is not valid right now. In about 5 mins, I can get my phone into an out of the box condition and viola the warranty is good again.

I am going to pay full price, so I would say I'm not a typical smartphone consumer. I have like 18 months left on my contract. My phone is perfectly good, just want lte and next gen samoled, plus I suffer from "gotta have the new thing" syndrome. lol

JakesPrePlus

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
For me, the main two problems are Touch-Wiz (I had the Fascinate and returned it) and the update issue. I'm someone who while perfectly capable of hacking (I've jailbroken iPhones and edited seems of old Motorola phones), chooses not to. I don't think I should have to hack my phone to make it the way I want. So while I do love the idea of having a phone with such a beautiful screen, having Sense is more important, which is why I chose the Thunderbolt. I'm sure there are people who prefer Touch-Wiz to Sense though, and I certainly can't knock anyone for that.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
For me, the main two problems are Touch-Wiz (I had the Fascinate and returned it) and the update issue. I'm someone who while perfectly capable of hacking (I've jailbroken iPhones and edited seems of old Motorola phones), chooses not to. I don't think I should have to hack my phone to make it the way I want. So while I do love the idea of having a phone with such a beautiful screen, having Sense is more important, which is why I chose the Thunderbolt. I'm sure there are people who prefer Touch-Wiz to Sense though, and I certainly can't knock anyone for that.

Im not liking sense

JakesPrePlus

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Im not liking sense

Understood, I know not everyone does. To me, it's really refined and polished, which is what I love so much about it. TouchWiz feels like it's trying too hard to be an iPhone, which is fine on my iPhone, but I don't want it on my Android device. I just don't like the feel of TouchWiz at all, nor do I like the after-market launchers.

w00tw00twhat

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Understood, I know not everyone does. To me, it's really refined and polished, which is what I love so much about it. TouchWiz feels like it's trying too hard to be an iPhone, which is fine on my iPhone, but I don't want it on my Android device. I just don't like the feel of TouchWiz at all, nor do I like the after-market launchers.

I dont think ive kept my phone stock ever. I usual never really like the stock skin of the phone and change it anyways. Thats why all the standard **** that comes on the phone doesnt bother me cuz im going to personalize and mod the crap out of my device. There has yet to be a phone that ive seen that comes out that i actually enjoy the stock device. I just cant stand it. So it seems most who are picking this phone up are going to be hacking/rooting the phone anyways so this device to us starts to look pretty good cuz well its still up there with whats on Verizon, to me i think its better then the TB but thats me and cuz i choose AMOLED over most specs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38