Ram/rom

rmreagle

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
<--First post ever...

So everyone seems to be giving the TB an edge over the charge in the memory dept. with its 768 vs charges 512. I noticed that the charge has 512 ram and 512 rom ... so does this actually give the charge the edge?

Also is that Rom partition accessible as usable ram if u root the phone?

I'm wondering if people are ignoring this when *****ing about the $300 price tag...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

BobR

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Welcome rmreagle. Unfortunately, the ROM is read only memory and so it can't be used as RAM.

In simplified terms, once you store information in ROM such as a program or operating system like Android, applications can't change it. So ROM storage can't serve as the active memory used to run an application. It's generally used for things like operating systems that don't change much.

I'm not familiar enough with Android on phones to comment on subtle tradeoffs, such as what RAM might be saved by storing additional data in ROM, but that is unlikely to be a significant tradeoff.

newdad28

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Can a techy person comment on the difference between the TB and Charge in this area? (ram/rom). Which is better between the 2 phones in this area?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Well, technically the Bolt's spec is better, but Sense is bloated as hell so in real use they'll be about the same.

is that 768 of ram ddr2 or what , because i see everyone throwing that number around but noone is addressing what type of ram it is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yeezygaplogo