Problems with MMS messages?

djwiteboi

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I'm new to Android so forgive me if this isn't only a Charge issue but I just purchased my Charge on Monday and love it so far. The only major issue I've encountered so far is that I have trouble uploading/downloading MMS messages.

I've only attempted MMS containing pictures so far so that is all I can speak to right now. The first day I took a test pic and sent it no problem but yesterday I was not able to send anything at all it would just hang and say pending in the message (I waited a full 20 min and nothing). My first thought was ok fine the Charge has a sexy 8mp camera so maybe it was just a huge file and my signal was weak but I couldn't download pics sent to me in MMS from other people's phones that have a way inferior camera. They would just say 'downloading' for a long time and just time out and the download button comes back.

It only fixed itself after I switched off the 4G network and attempted it using 3G where it failed again but when switched back to 4G once again they downloaded. This whole ordeal took about 45 minutes until two smaller size pics were able to be viewed on my phone.

The messages I was attempting to send/receive were also from verizon customers so I know it's not anything to do with network incompatibility either.

sorry for the long post but there are a lot of details going into it.

I know there will be some clarification needed so fire away and let me know what you guys think.

whitenessj

May 15, 2011
Visit site
the only thing that comes to mind may be it started sending on a 4g network then *hung* when it lost 4g service and couldn't switch the process to 3g... have you been able to replicate the problem or was it a fluke?

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I often have data transfer off (3g/4g) to conserve battery life and I have no problems sending/receiving SMS, so unless MMS functions with the internet I doubt that's the issue.

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same exact problem. It is telling me the message is "pending". This is the first time I've had this happen. In the past, pictures have automatically resized themselves to be small enough to send.

If you find the answer, I hope to know what it is!

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I'm new to Android so forgive me if this isn't only a Charge issue but I just purchased my Charge on Monday and love it so far. The only major issue I've encountered so far is that I have trouble uploading/downloading MMS messages.

I've only attempted MMS containing pictures so far so that is all I can speak to right now. The first day I took a test pic and sent it no problem but yesterday I was not able to send anything at all it would just hang and say pending in the message (I waited a full 20 min and nothing). My first thought was ok fine the Charge has a sexy 8mp camera so maybe it was just a huge file and my signal was weak but I couldn't download pics sent to me in MMS from other people's phones that have a way inferior camera. They would just say 'downloading' for a long time and just time out and the download button comes back.

It only fixed itself after I switched off the 4G network and attempted it using 3G where it failed again but when switched back to 4G once again they downloaded. This whole ordeal took about 45 minutes until two smaller size pics were able to be viewed on my phone.

The messages I was attempting to send/receive were also from verizon customers so I know it's not anything to do with network incompatibility either.

sorry for the long post but there are a lot of details going into it.

I know there will be some clarification needed so fire away and let me know what you guys think.
Have you tried restarting your phone?