Gsm htc dlx/dna?

Appogee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Now I know that the HTC DLX, or now the Droid DNA will be CDMA, but is there any chance that HTC would release this as a GSM device. This and TMO's unlimited data plus there newly refarmed 42+ mbps and a future LTE network would be so sweet. But yeah, any idea if HTC will release a GSM DLX in the US? Or if the J Butterfly will be available for purchase in the US?

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
J Butterfly imported? Does that phone use a Sim card? If so is it compatible? If so then I think that may be your best bet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Appogee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
J Butterfly imported? Does that phone use a Sim card? If so is it compatible? If so then I think that may be your best bet.

Oh.... Did some researching and looks like the J Butterfly will support GSM 1900 band which is T-Mobile's 42mbps band, it'll also support 2100 mhz which is the expected LTE for T-Mobile which will be sweet. Sad thing is... I'll have to import the J Butterfly... Any ideas on pricing?

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Oh.... Did some researching and looks like the J Butterfly will support GSM 1900 band which is T-Mobile's 42mbps band, it'll also support 2100 mhz which is the expected LTE for T-Mobile which will be sweet. Sad thing is... I'll have to import the J Butterfly... Any ideas on pricing?

No idea on pricing.

jblack_10

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
This is my dream phone. I would love this phone and never let go if it came to AT&T. I am getting the HTC One X+ to hold me over until the DNA becomes available in some form on AT&T. I'm even going to save my upgrade for it.

Appogee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
This is my dream phone. I would love this phone and never let go if it came to AT&T. I am getting the HTC One X+ to hold me over until the DNA becomes available in some form on AT&T. I'm even going to save my upgrade for it.

I wouldn't expect the DNA to come to ATT at all quite honestly. It's a carrier exclusive but I would see a variant making its way over in maybe a few months. But the HTC One X+ will definitely hold you until that carrier exclusivity ends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harmeet123