Just canceled My Note 2 preorder for the DNA. anyone else?

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
But unproven, No one else has this phone, all other top line phones today are in peoples hands and we have a hint of what they can do...
This one still needs vetted... even at 199...

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
No way, not with that anemic battery . . everything looked like a go until that :(

imho, no mention of battery life in the big reveal event = not good

Hector709

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I canceled too, but now that it does not come with expandable memory I dont care so much about it. Im gonna get the note 2. I have lots of music and movies. The DNA wont do me any good. Dont get me wrong the specs are good and the screen resolution will be awesome but I need extra memory.

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
No thanks. No expandable memory and small battery. Note 2 for sure now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Podgorica

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
That battery with a quad core and a 1080p screen will last 5 hours with moderate use tops plus i believe it is not removable. No expandable memory either. Somebody has been following apple model. Note 2 is proven, sg3 is doing great therefore note 2 is a safe bet in addition to the battery, expandable memory and the fact that it is made by samsung

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
That battery with a quad core and a 1080p screen will last 5 hours with moderate use tops plus i believe it is not removable. No expandable memory either. Somebody has been following apple model. Note 2 is proven, sg3 is doing great therefore note 2 is a safe bet in addition to the battery, expandable memory and the fact that it is made by samsung

Let's see some evidence for those statements. If I remember correctly this combo of hardware and software has never been put together (sans butterfly). So please tell me how you know exactly how it is going to perform?

Podgorica

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Let's see some evidence for those statements. If I remember correctly this combo of hardware and software has never been put together (sans butterfly). So please tell me how you know exactly how it is going to perform?

U r right, i am speaking to soon and i hope i am wrong. All i know is that my iphone 4 cannot last me more than 6-7 hours with moderate use, no audio or video streaming, just browsing, emails, messaging. Iphone 4 has a 1400 mah battery. So how am i going to believe that that a quadcore processor can last longer on 2020 mah with 1920x1080 resolution.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
U r right, i am speaking to soon and i hope i am wrong. All i know is that my iphone 4 cannot last me more than 6-7 hours with moderate use, no audio or video streaming, just browsing, emails, messaging. Iphone 4 has a 1400 mah battery. So how am i going to believe that that a quadcore processor can last longer on 2020 mah with 1920x1080 resolution.

There's a guy in the comments of one of the headline stories that says he has been using a DNA for a few days now. He states he easily gets a full days use with moderate usage. He also states that HTC did a really good job with power management and the highest temp his battery has ever reach is 33c while streaming YouTube and using other programs at the same time.

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I was one of the lucky ones to get the DNA pre-release. The battery life is great.

I also, have a Galaxy Note on hand, and, I am sure the GN2 will be a great device. I think it is a matter of do you want a big phone, or, a mini-tablet. If you want a removable battery and sd card slot, the GN2 is the way to go. I think for a phone, the DNA wins out, but, if you want a mini-tablet, the GN2 is way to go.

I think you need to hold both to appreciate the differences. I think comparing the DNA to the GN2 is like comparing oranges to grapefruits.

thevaristy

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Please post screen shots with screen on time please. I can not fathom how this can have "great battery life" Black Man X has already stated that the battery life is "utterly horrible"

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The DNA is incrementally larger than the 4.8" S3 and is still a big phone rather than a phablet. It's not nearly as big as the Note, which is in the same class as the Original Note and the LG Intuition. The DNA lacks a stylus as well.

If you were going to get a Note 2, I don't see what the DNA is offering that competes on a like to like basis. It's much closer to the S3 than the Note 2.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I was one of the lucky ones to get the DNA pre-release. The battery life is great.

I also, have a Galaxy Note on hand, and, I am sure the GN2 will be a great device. I think it is a matter of do you want a big phone, or, a mini-tablet. If you want a removable battery and sd card slot, the GN2 is the way to go. I think for a phone, the DNA wins out, but, if you want a mini-tablet, the GN2 is way to go.

I think you need to hold both to appreciate the differences. I think comparing the DNA to the GN2 is like comparing oranges to grapefruits.

Thanks. Can you define "great" battery life with an example? Have you had it long? what kind of battery life are we talking, and with what kind of usage?

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Let me clarify a common miss-perception:
Multi cores generally will save battery life, instead of running 1 core 100% and sucking max watts it can share the threading between cores and use overall fewer watts.
There are many articles on the web about this..

jasoraso

May 17, 2010
Visit site
- Pretty sure BMX never said that....

From BMX twitter:
Battery is utterly horrible... Course I use no WiFi and about 3-4 GB a day and stream Pandora for 7-8 hours.. So I'm not the normal

and:
Preorders for the DNA are live.. It's a great device.. Wonder how many SD cards snoobs will pass it up

and:
out of all them ones out I personally enjoy the nexus4..DNA .. Note2 in that order.

and:
I like the note as a tablet replacement. I have the luxury of having both.. If u can only have one then DNA for most

So taken as a whole: it seems BMX really likes the DNA, and actually thinks most would prefer DNA to the Note. His usage scenario is definitely much different than mine. I'm going to give the DNA a shot over the Note 2. I'm on wifi at work, charge my phone at work and don't use that much data daily (I go in spurts on data).

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
From BMX twitter:
Battery is utterly horrible... Course I use no WiFi and about 3-4 GB a day and stream Pandora for 7-8 hours.. So I'm not the normal

Thanks. Being able to stream Pandora for 7 or 8 hours (while he is doing many many other things, believe me - he has listed using 30 - 40 GB of LTE per month) is in itself not bad at all. I didn't see that tweet of his, but I have seen posts from others who have the device saying the battery life is actually pretty good. We'll know for sure in a few weeks, maybe sooner with reviews. That said, I trust BMX more than most, though it is so hard to compare his usage with any "normal" smartphone user ...

thevaristy

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I would never say his usage is normal, but he still knows what normal battery life is for his use. He wouldn't say it was horrible if it wasn't much worse than what he is used to. The good news is that since the note 2 doesn't come out until the 27, there will be plenty of time for reviews to sort it all out.

Ezduzit

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I want one as well but no sd card is unacceptable, I've had just about all the HTC androids from Verizon and this is the only one that hasn't come with a sd card slot. Smh....:banghead:

Sent from my busa!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty