why you should wait

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've learned my lesson on buying on launch day. Thunderbolt crappy battery. Nexus (galaxy) ty camera. Nexus 7 screen lift. I loved then all. But being the first 1080p phone , it leaves room for everyone else to build off the mistakes. Being a fall/winter launch you will be left feeling sad agter ces when someone else has a sick 1080p. I dont think im jumping the gun.

Woobisah

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Even more of a reason. When the Motorola Droid Razr came out last 11/11/11, I bought it at 299. When Black Friday and the holidays came around a couple weeks later, my co-worker was able to get the Droid Razr and HTC Rezound for 2 cents on amazon wireless. Never again will I buy anything direct from Verizon.

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Being a fall/winter launch you will be left feeling sad after CES when someone else has a sick 1080p.
But if I wait until January, I should then wait until after Mobile World Congress in February... But I'm sure then, we won't be more than a couple months from a Samsung announcement, so I'd better wait for that.

I certainly understand waiting a week or two for Black Friday, or waiting for comprehensive reviews... But if you want to wait for the next great phone to be announced, you'll constantly be waiting forever, because there's always a better one "right around the corner."

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Very true. But in the new 1080p era its best to see what others have to offer. Maybe others will increase battery maybe a better ppi.even tho we can't tell the difference. I'm sure The s4 will have a 1080p along with Sony and LG. Being on Verizon you are left with Sammy lg and moto.

milan03

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
You can either be early adopter and enjoy the product much longer than others, or you can wait for something better to arrive, and once it arrives you'll keep waiting for something else....

I'd rather have it in my hands asap. Money will come and go no matter what.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I think I'll probably wait til black Friday (luckily its only 2 days later). But as an early adopter I know I'll be sacrificing some things. I'm sure the s4 will be cool. But I'm just ready to get away from sammy for a bit. This phone meets my needs perfectly, so it just doesn't seem right for me to wait. You're right though, next year's products will be crazy

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Even more of a reason. When the Motorola Droid Razr came out last 11/11/11, I bought it at 299. When Black Friday and the holidays came around a couple weeks later, my co-worker was able to get the Droid Razr and HTC Rezound for 2 cents on amazon wireless. Never again will I buy anything direct from Verizon.

It's not just Black Friday. Everyone pre ordering is throwing their money away. Within days, if not hours, of the release of the DNA, Amazon and Radio Shack will have the phone for 50 to 100 dollars less than the Verizon price. Since October, Best Buy matches Amazon and Radio Shack online prices.

I got my Razr Maxx HD one week after release for 199 at Best Buy, 100 off the Verizon price, by them price matching Amazon. Everyone pre ordering is just setting a pile of money on fire.

doogie1

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I got my galaxy nexus on launch day.. Had the common issues: Flaky signal at times, low speaker, poor battery,etc. Nothing so horrible as other owners, who had to get their phones replaced multiple times. I pre-ordered both the N7 and Sgs3.. Haven't had issues with either. I now have the DNA on order.. I don't see the point of waiting. This doesn't mean you shouldn't do your research, the reviews are plenty to make a decision - That best suits you. Besides, if you don't like it.. Return it in time for the Note II, if it appeals to you.

Dave_k605

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
The manufactures do plenty of testing, the problem is mass production.....and a reason you are covered by warranty.

If you are going to just end up waiting for a better looking screen, you will always be waiting and never find yourself happy with your current purchase.

When i buy, i look at what's the best NOW, with the understanding that within 6 months time there will be better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

DrGonzo48

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I know the phone will get cheaper and I believe in six months to a year there will be an updated dna with more internal storage. My problem is I now have Sprint, with no 4g service and crappy 3g service, and a phone that is starting to give out. So I have to make a move. I think this phone is future-proof enough that I won't be kicking myself for the next two years. If something is vastly superior when my contract is up I will upgrade or change my wireless service again.

(I agree it's stupid to buy a Razr Maxx HD from Verizon for $100 more than Amazon or BestBuy is charging).

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I've learned my lesson on buying on launch day. Thunderbolt crappy battery. Nexus (galaxy) ty camera. Nexus 7 screen lift. I loved then all. But being the first 1080p phone , it leaves room for everyone else to build off the mistakes. Being a fall/winter launch you will be left feeling sad agter ces when someone else has a sick 1080p. I dont think im jumping the gun.

Except we knew the thunderbolt had a crappy battery. The DNA has actually gotten some pretty positive reviews for battery life.

No one should worry about a possible price drop, because it isn't happening any time soon.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
No one should worry about a possible price drop, because it isn't happening any time soon.

Does no one pay attention to what happens with other phones? You'll be able to get a DNA for at least 50 dollars less than Verizon's price within days of release.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Wirefly is selling it for 649 Verizon 599. Its not about waiting for a better screen. Its about waiting for more options. The next wave of phones will be 1080. No doubt in my mind will the phone be amazing, but I just would like to see the other phones before I buy. I <3 HTC. I may end up buying this because I need a new phone. My main question is what is the return policy? Is it 14days or 30days?

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Not without signing a secondary contract like wirefly has.

No. You are wrong. Let me repeat: you are wrong. You take the Amazon price to Best Buy. Since early October they price match. No extra contract. Google it if you don't believe me. I got my Razr Maxx HD at Best Buy for 199 one week after release, 100 less than the Verizon price. Check our forums too, plenty of people have reported success with this. It's also part of Best Buys written price match policy on their website.

You're welcome.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
No. You are wrong. Let me repeat: you are wrong. You take the Amazon price to Best Buy. Since early October they price match. No extra contract. Google it if you don't believe me. I got my Razr Maxx HD at Best Buy for 199 one week after release, 100 less than the Verizon price. Check our forums too, plenty of people have reported success with this. It's also part of Best Buys written price match policy on their website.

You're welcome.

On contract prices are at the discretion of management and always have been.

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

You're welcome.
Yeah, but just because you got a good deal on your phone, doesn't mean that Amazon will have a deal on this one. Obviously, there are no guarantees.

Sent from my HTC Evo via Tapatalk