Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Irvgotti's Avatar

    Posts
    1,082 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

    Default why you should wait

    I've learned my lesson on buying on launch day. Thunderbolt crappy battery. Nexus (galaxy) ty camera. Nexus 7 screen lift. I loved then all. But being the first 1080p phone , it leaves room for everyone else to build off the mistakes. Being a fall/winter launch you will be left feeling sad agter ces when someone else has a sick 1080p. I dont think im jumping the gun.
    Privacy is overrated :P
    wnflyer and Who? like this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: why you should wait

    Even more of a reason. When the Motorola Droid Razr came out last 11/11/11, I bought it at 299. When Black Friday and the holidays came around a couple weeks later, my co-worker was able to get the Droid Razr and HTC Rezound for 2 cents on amazon wireless. Never again will I buy anything direct from Verizon.
    Who? likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: why you should wait

    Quote Originally Posted by Irvgotti View Post
    Being a fall/winter launch you will be left feeling sad after CES when someone else has a sick 1080p.
    But if I wait until January, I should then wait until after Mobile World Congress in February... But I'm sure then, we won't be more than a couple months from a Samsung announcement, so I'd better wait for that.

    I certainly understand waiting a week or two for Black Friday, or waiting for comprehensive reviews... But if you want to wait for the next great phone to be announced, you'll constantly be waiting forever, because there's always a better one "right around the corner."
    Thanked by 3:
    jroc and Bebe Robu like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Irvgotti's Avatar

    Posts
    1,082 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

    Default Re: why you should wait

    Very true. But in the new 1080p era its best to see what others have to offer. Maybe others will increase battery maybe a better ppi.even tho we can't tell the difference. I'm sure The s4 will have a 1080p along with Sony and LG. Being on Verizon you are left with Sammy lg and moto.
    Privacy is overrated :P
  5. #5  

    Default Re: why you should wait

    You can either be early adopter and enjoy the product much longer than others, or you can wait for something better to arrive, and once it arrives you'll keep waiting for something else....

    I'd rather have it in my hands asap. Money will come and go no matter what.
    T-Mobile 4G LTE
    akira751 and blaze5 like this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: why you should wait

    Haha, the sooner I upgrade to this phone the closer I am to my next upgrade and by then who knows what will be available
    jroc likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: why you should wait

    I think I'll probably wait til black Friday (luckily its only 2 days later). But as an early adopter I know I'll be sacrificing some things. I'm sure the s4 will be cool. But I'm just ready to get away from sammy for a bit. This phone meets my needs perfectly, so it just doesn't seem right for me to wait. You're right though, next year's products will be crazy
  8. #8  
    Who?'s Avatar

    Posts
    391 Posts
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

    Default Re: why you should wait

    Quote Originally Posted by Woobisah View Post
    Even more of a reason. When the Motorola Droid Razr came out last 11/11/11, I bought it at 299. When Black Friday and the holidays came around a couple weeks later, my co-worker was able to get the Droid Razr and HTC Rezound for 2 cents on amazon wireless. Never again will I buy anything direct from Verizon.
    It's not just Black Friday. Everyone pre ordering is throwing their money away. Within days, if not hours, of the release of the DNA, Amazon and Radio Shack will have the phone for 50 to 100 dollars less than the Verizon price. Since October, Best Buy matches Amazon and Radio Shack online prices.

    I got my Razr Maxx HD one week after release for 199 at Best Buy, 100 off the Verizon price, by them price matching Amazon. Everyone pre ordering is just setting a pile of money on fire.
    Thanked by:
  9. #9  

    Default Re: why you should wait

    Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
    Everyone pre ordering is just setting a pile of money on fire.
    Or maybe they just really want the phone right at launch. Nothing wrong with that.

    Sent from my Panasonic ELUGA
    jroc likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: why you should wait

    I got my galaxy nexus on launch day.. Had the common issues: Flaky signal at times, low speaker, poor battery,etc. Nothing so horrible as other owners, who had to get their phones replaced multiple times. I pre-ordered both the N7 and Sgs3.. Haven't had issues with either. I now have the DNA on order.. I don't see the point of waiting. This doesn't mean you shouldn't do your research, the reviews are plenty to make a decision - That best suits you. Besides, if you don't like it.. Return it in time for the Note II, if it appeals to you.
    akira751 likes this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: why you should wait

    The manufactures do plenty of testing, the problem is mass production.....and a reason you are covered by warranty.

    If you are going to just end up waiting for a better looking screen, you will always be waiting and never find yourself happy with your current purchase.

    When i buy, i look at what's the best NOW, with the understanding that within 6 months time there will be better.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  12. #12  

    Default Re: why you should wait

    I know the phone will get cheaper and I believe in six months to a year there will be an updated dna with more internal storage. My problem is I now have Sprint, with no 4g service and crappy 3g service, and a phone that is starting to give out. So I have to make a move. I think this phone is future-proof enough that I won't be kicking myself for the next two years. If something is vastly superior when my contract is up I will upgrade or change my wireless service again.

    (I agree it's stupid to buy a Razr Maxx HD from Verizon for $100 more than Amazon or BestBuy is charging).
  13. #13  

    Default why you should wait

    Quote Originally Posted by Irvgotti View Post
    I've learned my lesson on buying on launch day. Thunderbolt crappy battery. Nexus (galaxy) ty camera. Nexus 7 screen lift. I loved then all. But being the first 1080p phone , it leaves room for everyone else to build off the mistakes. Being a fall/winter launch you will be left feeling sad agter ces when someone else has a sick 1080p. I dont think im jumping the gun.
    Except we knew the thunderbolt had a crappy battery. The DNA has actually gotten some pretty positive reviews for battery life.

    No one should worry about a possible price drop, because it isn't happening any time soon.
  14. #14  
    Who?'s Avatar

    Posts
    391 Posts
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

    Default Re: why you should wait

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    No one should worry about a possible price drop, because it isn't happening any time soon.
    Does no one pay attention to what happens with other phones? You'll be able to get a DNA for at least 50 dollars less than Verizon's price within days of release.
  15. #15  

    Default why you should wait

    Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
    Does no one pay attention to what happens with other phones? You'll be able to get a DNA for at least 50 dollars less than Verizon's price within days of release.
    Not without signing a secondary contract like wirefly has.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    Irvgotti's Avatar

    Posts
    1,082 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

    Default Re: why you should wait

    Wirefly is selling it for 649 Verizon 599. Its not about waiting for a better screen. Its about waiting for more options. The next wave of phones will be 1080. No doubt in my mind will the phone be amazing, but I just would like to see the other phones before I buy. I <3 HTC. I may end up buying this because I need a new phone. My main question is what is the return policy? Is it 14days or 30days?
    Privacy is overrated :P
  17. #17  
    Who?'s Avatar

    Posts
    391 Posts
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

    Default Re: why you should wait

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Not without signing a secondary contract like wirefly has.
    No. You are wrong. Let me repeat: you are wrong. You take the Amazon price to Best Buy. Since early October they price match. No extra contract. Google it if you don't believe me. I got my Razr Maxx HD at Best Buy for 199 one week after release, 100 less than the Verizon price. Check our forums too, plenty of people have reported success with this. It's also part of Best Buys written price match policy on their website.

    You're welcome.
  18. #18  

    Default why you should wait

    Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
    No. You are wrong. Let me repeat: you are wrong. You take the Amazon price to Best Buy. Since early October they price match. No extra contract. Google it if you don't believe me. I got my Razr Maxx HD at Best Buy for 199 one week after release, 100 less than the Verizon price. Check our forums too, plenty of people have reported success with this. It's also part of Best Buys written price match policy on their website.

    You're welcome.
    On contract prices are at the discretion of management and always have been.
  19. #19  
    Who?'s Avatar

    Posts
    391 Posts
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

    Default Re: why you should wait

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    On contract prices are at the discretion of management and always have been.
    Why are you so adamant about this without doing any research about it? You're wrong.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: why you should wait

    Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
    No. You are wrong. Let me repeat: you are wrong. You take the Amazon price to Best Buy. Since early October they price match. No extra contract. Google it if you don't believe me. I got my Razr Maxx HD at Best Buy for 199 one week after release, 100 less than the Verizon price. Check our forums too, plenty of people have reported success with this. It's also part of Best Buys written price match policy on their website.

    You're welcome.
    Yeah, but just because you got a good deal on your phone, doesn't mean that Amazon will have a deal on this one. Obviously, there are no guarantees.

    Sent from my HTC Evo via Tapatalk
  21. #21  
    Who?'s Avatar

    Posts
    391 Posts
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

    Default Re: why you should wait

    So wait until one minute after release and find out. Are you really going to burn a pile of money instead of waiting a few hours to find out? Price Match is now suspended and resumes November 27.
  22. #22  
    Who?'s Avatar

    Posts
    391 Posts
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

    Default Re: why you should wait

    From

    Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?
    Yes. Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax appliance and electronics hardware products price for these designated major retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Circuitcity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, hp.com, homedepot.com, lowes.com, newegg.com, officedepot.com, officemax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, and walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles. Best Buy will not price match accessories, during the return and exchange period or the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on major retailer websites. Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - December 24, 2012. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply. See Store for details.


    Effective Date: October 7, 2012
  23. #23  

    Default Re: why you should wait

    Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
    So wait until one minute after release and find out. Are you really going to burn a pile of money instead of waiting a few hours to find out? Price Match is now suspended and resumes November 27.
    But what you aren't taking into account, is that it's not that simple for everyone... I work nights, my son will be home from college on Wed & Thu (Thanksgiving), and we also ordered two iPhone at the same time. Waiting to see if maybe I could save some money in exchange for the hassle of price matching, just isn't worth it to us.

    Sent from my HTC Evo via Tapatalk
  24. #24  
    Who?'s Avatar

    Posts
    391 Posts
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

    Default Re: why you should wait

    Quote Originally Posted by Wingznut View Post
    But what you aren't taking into account, is that it's not that simple for everyone... I work nights, my son will be home from college on Wed & Thu (Thanksgiving), and we also ordered two iPhone at the same time. Waiting to see if maybe I could save some money in exchange for the hassle of price matching, just isn't worth it to us.

    Sent from my HTC Evo via Tapatalk
    So then this isn't for you apparently. But I don't understand why your personal interest against spending a few minutes to look for lower prices means that others would not find this information useful and worthwhile. Are you really trying to negate the whole price match offer/option because of your own personal circumstances?

    I don't understand why people seem to be picking fights over an option that will or may save numerous people money. I'm not going to fight about this. It worked for me, it worked for others and it will continue to work for others. Sorry for bringing it to your attention.
  25. #25  
    bsSkunkApe's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    ROM
    WCX AT&T Mod ROM

    Default Re: why you should wait

    I'm switching carriers and getting myself added to my family's share plan which is going to save me about $30/month ne way. Not worth waiting a couple days for a potentially nonexistent small price break and a bunch of hassle.

    Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Buying a ThunderBolt, you should wait a bit
    By Raptor007 in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-04-2011, 10:48 PM
  2. Confused if i should wait
    By upperking in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-13-2010, 09:33 PM
  3. Why you should switch to android! (flash 10.1)
    By jordanetodd in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 04:10 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-10-2010, 10:04 AM
  5. What you should know about Google contacts for new Android users?
    By Tattrpuff in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 11:04 AM

Posting Permissions

B