Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts

Default Screen Protector for DNA

Has anyone found any screen protector worth while right now? I normally like to use the steinheil screen protector and SGP also have the glas.t but I don't believe they will be making those for the DNA.

Quality I look for in screen protector.
    * Be able to withstand normal wear and tear.
    * Proper fit.
    * Bonds well with the screen.
    * Clear, no distortion.
    * Longevity.

Any recommendation is appreciated.

Thank you,

Default Re: Screen Protector for DNA

I ordered some with my phone from VZ, we'll see how they are.

Global Posts
    830 Global Posts
    ROM
    Buglessbeast/Stock

I've been using the ZAGG HD. Looks and feels really good, plus it includes a lifetime warranty. I know many others who have it, and they love it. It doesn't even seem like there's a screen protector on it.

Sent from my SCH-I535
    So many phones, so little time.
    mickey7kk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JCIV View Post
    I ordered some with my phone from VZ, we'll see how they are.
    Wait till you see the package they come in, ridiculously big. Looks like 7in tablet screen protectors should be inside, but they are normal sized

You guys realize it's gorilla glass 2 right? Not going to be easy to scratch.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by RSchmidt624 View Post
    This. I stopped using screen protectors 2 years or so ago. These are wonderful screens, let it show. I don't care how good the protector is I can always tell there is one and hate it. Have yet to really regret it either.
    Topgonzo likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts

Yes, I understand GG2 has a high resist to scratches but knowing how I am I would sleep better at night if I have a protector on it.
    SGP already email me back and told me flat out that they won't be making them for HTC DNA... if I can't find anything good, I MAY just go bare screen.... however I would really prefer not to.
    Thanked by:
    Raiders Fan 223 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jfoofoo View Post
    Yes, I understand GG2 has a high resist to scratches but knowing how I am I would sleep better at night if I have a protector on it.
    SGP already email me back and told me flat out that they won't be making them for HTC DNA... if I can't find anything good, I MAY just go bare screen.... however I would really prefer not to.
    Wow, props for actually emailing them. I would love the glas.tr for the DNA... its a big selling point for me for getting the iphone 5. I'm sure there will still be other good screen protectors.

I would never ever, ever even consider putting a screen protector over this or any other smartphone screen. Really does nothing to protect anything and even the best make the screen look opaque and dull.

YUCK!
    Last edited by PsychDoc; 11-20-2012 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RSchmidt624 View Post
    Well that depends. Small particles will scratch the hell out of it I've heard. Like sand in your pocket.

Stay Off The Beach! Ha Ha
    Thanked by 2:
    xXBLACKBERRYXx5 likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
    I would never ever, ever even consider putting a screen protector over this or any other smartphone screen. Really does nothing to protect anything and even the best make the screen look opaque and dull.

YUCK!
    I am very picky about my screen protector, and if you have used any of the steinheil or glas.t you would not have made that statement. Not all screen protectors are made equal, and not all installations are the same. I do pride myself on my perfect install when I do put it on my phone. Just because you have tried a few does not mean you have tried them all.
    whendelicious likes this.

I'm sure are better than others but they all place another layer between you and what's attempting to be displayed. Don't really see the purpose of them and even the best (Zagg, invisishield, etc) have significantly degraded the beauty of whatever screen they're on and have impaired the touch sensitivity as well.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts

I'm sure are better than others but they all place another layer between you and what's attempting to be displayed. Don't really see the purpose of them and even the best (Zagg, invisishield, etc) have significantly degraded the beauty of whatever screen they're on and have impaired the touch sensitivity as well.
    again, I guess you have never used Steinheil or glas.t (Please don't compare them to Zagg, ghost armor, phantom skinz and other other wet application pieces of craps)
    Thanked by:
    jrwatson and whendelicious like this.

again, I guess you have never used Steinheil or glas.t (Please don't compare them to Zagg, ghost armor, phantom skinz and other other wet application pieces of craps)
    I was really looking forward to getting a Steinheil ultra for the Dna.

Sent from my Droid using Android Central Forums

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by artakartel View Post
    I got the skinomi from Amazon, it's a wet application protector and very much like invisible shield, phantomskinz, ghost armor etc.
    The installation was easy, the cut and fit was spot on, however due to the curve at the edge of the glass there was a slight peeling at the edge that trapped some lints within the first 24 hours after installation.
    The wet installation dried overnight and was fairly clear, however because it's still a vinyl protector it has that rubbery feel when sliding your finger across the screen and it drags a bit.
    Any indentation made to the vinyl protector does not go away, if you so much as cut into the vinyl with your finger nail; that indent will remain there and it's easily visible if you view it at a slight angle.
    Today the screen protector peeled from the topper right edge when I put it in my Otter box, I ended up just remove the whole thing at this time.
    I can not recommend this screen protector.

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

I got the skinomi from Amazon, it's a wet application protector and very much like invisible shield, phantomskinz, ghost armor etc.
    The installation was easy, the cut and fit was spot on, however due to the curve at the edge of the glass there was a slight peeling at the edge that trapped some lints within the first 24 hours after installation.
    The wet installation dried overnight and was fairly clear, however because it's still a vinyl protector it has that rubbery feel when sliding your finger across the screen and it drags a bit.
    Any indentation made to the vinyl protector does not go away, if you so much as cut into the vinyl with your finger nail; that indent will remain there and it's easily visible if you view it at a slight angle.
    Today the screen protector peeled from the topper right edge when I put it in my Otter box, I ended up just remove the whole thing at this time.
    I can not recommend this screen protector.
    Sorry to hear that. I only use skinomi. It has always held up for me. Works like a charm.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Privacy is overrated :P

YUCK!
    I work as a tech in a dealership and my clothing is wash by an out source company. I have to have a screen protector due to fine metal in my clothing. Its a must have in my case due to the field I have chosen. The metal has also caused other issues along with the increased chance of scratches . During my Droid INC days the metal would get on the magnet of the speaker and cause it to crackle all the time. Running a magnet across it would pull the metal from the weaker magnet. Another post is needed for this topic.lol

I was gonna get the ArmorSuit screen protector but it seems some people have issues with its use with a case. I would like some input on screen protectors as well.

ArmorSuit-MilitaryShield

For those of us who love Steinhill protectors, I emailed them about the DNA, below is their answer, so whoever would like to see them, email them , the more the better. Best screen protectors ever.

Thank you so much for contacting us here at Spigen SGP!

We appreciate your interest in our products.

We currently do not have any definite plans to release products for the HTC DNA,
    but if we are able to get enough customer interest, we can definitely bring it up to our developers as a strong suggestion!

The ones from Verizon work fine. It did not hinder any of the on screen swyping functions and its pretty crystal clear.
    I am hoping that Zagg comes out with the Extreme version for this phone.
    I currently have it on my SG3 and my wife has it on her iphone5 and we like them. They are very thick and although I don't believe it's ad entirely, we did witness a hammer test (hit pretty hard) and it did not crack the screen at all.

Skinomi for now (1/2 price of the other better vinyl products). I had to work a bit on getting the rounded glass corners down, but seems to have held well after a couple of weeks. Yes, the screen saver does impact a bit on display quality, but needing to keep this phone for almost two years leave me in a predicament on how protective I need to be. I think I prefer a simple level of protection that seeing scratches for months.

Quote Originally Posted by garl6 View Post
    I was gonna get the ArmorSuit screen protector but it seems some people have issues with its use with a case. I would like some input on screen protectors as well.

ArmorSuit-MilitaryShield
    I have the ArmorSuit, and it works fine with my Ballistic Shell case. Wouldn't say it's crystal-clear, but unless you're very nitpicky you probably won't notice a difference.

I think it's self-healing too, the scraper it came with left a bunch of nasty scratches, but they all disappeared by morning. Installation went smoothly, for a wet-apply protector.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jrwatson View Post
    I have the ArmorSuit, and it works fine with my Ballistic Shell case. Wouldn't say it's crystal-clear, but unless you're very nitpicky you probably won't notice a difference.

I think it's self-healing too, the scraper it came with left a bunch of nasty scratches, but they all disappeared by morning. Installation went smoothly, for a wet-apply protector.
    I just Ordered one, The stock Verizon Screen Protectors do OK but i want to try something else. I have Zagg invisible on my Evo 4g Work phone and i just don't like the feel of it.
    I would not go without screen protectors just cuz of how the chemicals in the screen start to lose there hold after a few small scratches...Look at the Truth on Gorilla glass videos i have posted...i will also look into the skinomi Screen Protectors too
    Quad-Core Power!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast