Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rizz1-2
  • 1 Post By alcor34
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

Default Creaking noises

The bottom of my phone creeks from use, especially when holding with one hand, and it varies from side to side. Anyone else experience this? My return window closes soon. It's not a loud creek but i don't want a phone with a potential problem.

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

Default Re: Creaking noises

Quote Originally Posted by alcor34 View Post
    The bottom of my phone creeks from use, especially when holding with one hand, and it varies from side to side. Anyone else experience this? My return window closes soon. It's not a loud creek but i don't want a phone with a potential problem.
    bring it to the store and have them give you a new one without noise.

Mine does the same at the bottom on both sides. I'm not sure if I'm too worried about it, but I mean it's sooo thin and really big. I the stress on the corners is probably a pretty good amount. But if I can get one without the creaks maybe I will

Global Posts
    304 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osubeavs728 View Post
    Mine does the same at the bottom on both sides. I'm not sure if I'm too worried about it, but I mean it's sooo thin and really big. I the stress on the corners is probably a pretty good amount. But if I can get one without the creaks maybe I will
    No reason why you should have to deal with the creaks. Its a brand new phone and built like a tank. I would try and pick up another if I were you. Worth a shot anyways.
    osubeavs728 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

OK, so previously i called support and they charged me again and sent one out and when it arrived, big dead pixel and blue dot and bottom of screen was so wonky.. (why isn't there better quality control for android devices from their manufacturers is why cr'apple fans laugh) however, i sent it back right away. Walked into vzw in midtown today, talked to store tech, she said yeah it shouldn't creak. Pull and set up a new one for me without box or receipt. I can honestly say this phone performs way differently and better than the first one... so i'm glad i did the exchange and not just ignore it because i'd be looking at a potential problem in the future and i'm not taking a CLN.

If yours is creaking... get it exchanged. And do it now before they start handing out used replacements.
    Rizz1-2 likes this.

Global Posts
    304 Global Posts

OK, so previously i called support and they charged me again and sent one out and when it arrived, big dead pixel and blue dot and bottom of screen was so wonky.. (why isn't there better quality control for android devices from their manufacturers is why cr'apple fans laugh) however, i sent it back right away. Walked into vzw in midtown today, talked to store tech, she said yeah it shouldn't creak. Pull and set up a new one for me without box or receipt. I can honestly say this phone performs way differently and better than the first one... so i'm glad i did the exchange and not just ignore it because i'd be looking at a potential problem in the future and i'm not taking a CLN.

If yours is creaking... get it exchanged. And do it now before they start handing out used replacements.
    Good to hear you got that taken care of!

You're holding it wrong!
    j/k, no noise on mine.

Global Posts
    5,131 Global Posts

I am having the same issue, on my 3rd DNA as of now, getting a little annoying but still love the phone lol