Light Bleed onto display

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else seeing the light from the capacitive buttons on the display? Nothing major, just noticed on videos or any dark screens the light seems to shine through a bit.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I noticed it as well and it was kind of annoying. I was hoping that mine wasn't the only one. Even more reason to use on screen buttons HTC...

Yeah it would be nice to see HTC implement some sort of timeout feature on videos like this for those buttons. Sort of a similar thing to what Samsung does with it's buttons, they shut off after a certain period of time. Maybe! lol

a62335

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
This is the first HTC I've had that doesn't bleed light from the bottom edge of the display.

Send from my DNA

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I am on DNA number 3 currently, and I finally got one with no light bleed. So if you notice it, exchange it because there are some with none.

PalmPrePlusPwns

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I am on DNA number 3 currently, and I finally got one with no light bleed. So if you notice it, exchange it because there are some with none.

where exactly are/were you seeing light bleed?

After reading this thread I went into my office bathroom and set a black wallpaper.

I notice when you're holding the phone as if you are looking directly at the USB port, you do see 3 areas of light bleed from where the capacitive buttons are.

As far as the display goes, There is a TINY amount of light bleed when looking at a completely black wallpaper in a completely dark room.

all this really can't be replicated when viewing at my desk with office lights above my head.

Does your current device not have ANY light bleed at all? from the display to the outer area by the usb port?

If it's possible to not have any light bleed, I might just exchange mine for another one.

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
The light bleed was the entire bottom of the device from edge to edge NOT on the screen at all though. Current one has ZERO light leak, just be careful because dna 1 had bad light leak, 2 had even worse ..

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
What I'm saying is... During darker videos or movies or on darker screen you can see the light shine through onto the screen from the buttons. It's nothing major, but sort of an annoyance. I have not opened one DNA out of the box without the issue.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
haha you're so right. the rezound had very bad bleed, and the inc had some. this one has none; i love it

I'm not talking about from the bottom edge. Look at your display on a black screen in the dark, and see if the light coming from the buttons shines on the display. That is what this topic is about, not the bezel edge.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not talking about from the bottom edge. Look at your display on a black screen in the dark, and see if the light coming from the buttons shines on the display. That is what this topic is about, not the bezel edge.

I Could be mistaken, but this could be a symptom of having an LCD screen. I have seen this with every HTC device I have ever owned. All of them have had LCD screens.

from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

E_PEV

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Mine definitely has the same thing. the bottom edge of the screen is lightly illuminated when the buttons are lit

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

yeah, i hardly notice it though. it did this on my rezound, as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez