Help! DNA vs Maxx HD vs Galaxy SIII

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Help! DNA vs Maxx HD vs Galaxy S3

Well this is my take on it. I automatically ruled out anything motorola because of my friends experience with his RAZR, so it was between the DNA and S3 for me.

I come from an iphone 4 after switching to that from a D2. For my personal needs, a non removable battery and no expandable memory was cool with me considering I never even filled up a 16gb iphone, I only keep like 700 songs max on my phone. As far as the DNA vs S3 thing, I was basing my decision on specs and device feel alone over the UI (because IMO Sense and Touchwiz are pretty good UI's). The S3 felt cheap to me, like I was holding a toy that would fall apart after 6 hours of playing with it. The DNA felt super solid and it had some pretty sick specs to it. Another thing that pushed me towards the DNA was the screen. I have a gripe with SAMOLED screens, I just don't like how they look. The DNAs screen looks more "natural" to me, and once you get some 1080p wallpapers and watch a few 1080p videos on it, you'll be sold...if that's what you're into. And after seeing how smooth and fast this phone operates along with pretty decent battery life, don't think I'll be straying away from android ever again. This is by far the smoothest operating phone that I've used, more-so than my iphone was and we all know how fluid iOS can be.

Here's a screen shot with 1080p wallpaper, granted it won't look as great on a computer screen as it does on the phone but you get the idea.
72522_4338596342916_27586599_n.jpg

liquid29

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I have the S III for work and the DNA as my personal phone, both on Verizon. I prefer the DNA, mostly because the build quality feels a lot better than the SIII. Performance wise, there's not a big difference, and the battery usage is nearly the same in my case. Honestly, though, if it ends up between the SIII and the DNA, you should be pretty happy either way.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

Samsung has better support than HTC and even Motorola has been supporting their devices better. That's something to consider, especially since these devices are on Verizon and not something like US Cellular or T-Mobile.

As for TouchWiz being easy to use... If you find TouchWiz hard to use, there is likely no Android smartphone on the market which will be "easy" for you to use. They have an "Easy Mode" for those types of people, though.

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site

I too have been trying to decide between these three. I went to a local verizon store and looked at all three. I didn't get to see the screens because all of them had the fake screen covers on them (will try to find a store that has them actually turned on later this week) but I really liked the feel of the DNA. As far as storage and battery go, I currently have an iphone 5 so I'm already used to those limitations even though I don't put music on my phone, I have an ipod touch for that but may try it out to see if the beats audio makes a difference in the car. I still have about two weeks before I actually make the purchase so I'll keep reading comments on here.

Bradah

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
For Gaming i'd actually say S3 because not much games look too good in 1080p cause most aint even 1080p. But it still works becasue they just show more meaning it's zoomed out more in game.
(Get note 2 if you can if you're choosing because of gaming it's 1.5 times btter in gaming than DNA and S3 trust me (QUAD CORE GRAPHICS THAT"S WHY MWHAHA)
For Battery life and moerate use of media gaming etc Maxx HD is great for media and if you;re a socializer and little bit of a gamer then this games work fine too. Not too much actually.
HTC DNA has basically all these, Great gaming and great Best media out of all these phones but when it coems to gamking it does has same smoothness as s3 but it doesnt have much games that look good or compatible with it and since the GPU is not the best in the world and it's a 1080p display then it will hic ups sometimes but when said it's great for gaming and same smoothness is because S3 is actaully better choice for gaming becasue it shows more textures and sytill stays a awsome frame rate

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site

Samsung has better support than HTC and even Motorola has been supporting their devices better. That's something to consider, especially since these devices are on Verizon and not something like US Cellular or T-Mobile.

As for TouchWiz being easy to use... If you find TouchWiz hard to use, there is likely no Android smartphone on the market which will be "easy" for you to use. They have an "Easy Mode" for those types of people, though.

Yeah touchwiz, while it needs to be updated is a great UI, I like it equally with Sense 4+. HTC is stepping their game up as far as support goes though. There's a thread going on over at XDA about bugs with the DNA and the OP keeps in touch with HTC support and they follow the thread. Hopefully an update will roll out sooner than later fixing some of the known issues. I heard LG is taking Motorola under their wing to make a better phone, so it'll be interesting to see how that turns out. Out of the 3, I'm biased towards my DNA so I'd say go with that, BUT the S3 is also a great device so it's up to you to play around with them both. I personally wouldn't take the Moto.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
For Gaming i'd actually say S3 because not much games look too good in 1080p cause most aint even 1080p. But it still works becasue they just show more meaning it's zoomed out more in game.
(Get note 2 if you can if you're choosing because of gaming it's 1.5 times btter in gaming than DNA and S3 trust me (QUAD CORE GRAPHICS THAT"S WHY MWHAHA)
For Battery life and moerate use of media gaming etc Maxx HD is great for media and if you;re a socializer and little bit of a gamer then this games work fine too. Not too much actually.
HTC DNA has basically all these, Great gaming and great Best media out of all these phones but when it coems to gamking it does has same smoothness as s3 but it doesnt have much games that look good or compatible with it and since the GPU is not the best in the world and it's a 1080p display then it will hic ups sometimes but when said it's great for gaming and same smoothness is because S3 is actaully better choice for gaming becasue it shows more textures and sytill stays a awsome frame rate

1. There was an incredible lack of punctuation in your post.

2. The dna has a faster quad core that the note 2's. Which I think you were hinting at, but did not really shine through the lack of punctuation.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

stvlg1

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

By all means if you have an extra $600.00 burning a whole in your pocket then its your money. BUT I wouldnt trust Versizon to honor this package for ever. I would expect with the increase in smartphone usage you will see all unlimited plans completely dropped. I could be wrong but I see the trend heading in that direction. My decision was made to go with the contract was when I realized that most places I go away from home offer free wifi. I would expect you will see the trend continue with more establishments offering free wifi to lure customers in. The DNA and most newer smartphone makes great use of utilizing wifi hotspots when you have already connected to them once before. I may even drop down to a lower data package in the future if it becomes available.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch