Choppy scrolling - anyone else having this issue?

tuxly

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
It is my habit to peruse multiple news outlets on my phone everyday. I read pretty quickly and generally continuously scroll through the various articles as I am reading. Yesterday, I noticed that things now are so choppy when scrolling through articles on multiple sites/apps that I really cannot read the way I was. Thought I was just tired or something, but issue persists today and is pretty bad. The lines are "bouncing" enough as I scroll vertically through the info to make it challenging to read fluidly. I now have to scroll, stop, read, scroll more, stop again, read more. Do not recall this being an issue prior to yesterday. Only thing I can think of I have done differently with my phone last 48 hours is download a few wallpapers from zedge and adjust the appearance of my home screens in general, which should not affect this aspect of phone, I do not believe. Anyone else having this issue or have any ideas?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Not for me on the stock browser, mine is very smooth. I have read some issues with Chrome here and there, but I haven't been using Chrome on the DNA. Which browser are you using?

tuxly

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
This actually occurs less noticably when I am scrolling through web pages (such as this and other forums) directly in stock browser, though can see it now that I am looking for it. I notice it very much on articles on NBC news app, my 3 local tv news apps, local newspaper app, my college sports news app, espn app, and several medical news apps.

MichaelBR

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I get choppy scrolling but only if the phone's processor is busy with some other task, usually some other app using lots of the processor.

If it gets really bad, I shut down the demanding app, or use FastReboot or Android Assistant or the integrated Task Manager (on my Samsung) to shut down apps that are causing too much processor use.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
For people experiencing choppiness: do you guys use Google Talk?

I noticed that if I have more than one conversation active in Google Talk, things start getting a little choppy after awhile. My solution is to clear chat and end conversation on all chats, and that clears up the choppiness. Hopefully we'll get a fix for it soon.

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
There could be two reasons for chop, Processor or caching, If you mentioned new websites are you going to Mobile or Desktop sites. Do you purge the browser cache occasionally? If someone hits this it would be good to list the apps (long press rt button) and then kill one at a time to see which or how many affect running.

tuxly

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I have gone through and purged the cache on literally everything on phone wondering if this was issue but no change. As far as cpu usage, system and internet are the biggest users on my phone. There do not seem to be any obvious background processes, I can control, running too much. I swear this issue was not present the first two weeks I had the phone. I would have had to notice. I do go to desk top sites often but again it is not as much of an issue on internet sites as it is in certain apps. The national NBC news app (by zumobi) is one example if anyone else wants to check it out, though again I used phone 2 wks before I really noticed this. I wonder if I was enjoying set up of my new phone so much I was not paying attention enough to notice this before.