POP Email movement

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok here's one. For those with POP Email accounts set up. How the HECK do you advance from one email to the next from within the email display? Meaning, without going back to the conversation list view? We used to have these up and down arrows with the Thunderbolt, and now there seems to be no way to do it....

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
There is no 1-button approach with the stock e-mail client that I can see, from within an e-mail. You can hit "menu" , "next message". However, that is 2 touches, which is the same as "back" and then clicking on the next message, so it save you nothing really. It appears that there is no way to do what you want in this client. I am sure other clients in the Play Store have this feature.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't use the stock email app, so I'm just thinking out loud. Can you swipe side to side to move through the messages?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
There is no 1-button approach with the stock e-mail client that I can see, from within an e-mail. You can hit "menu" , "next message". However, that is 2 touches, which is the same as "back" and then clicking on the next message, so it save you nothing really. It appears that there is no way to do what you want in this client. I am sure other clients in the Play Store have this feature.

Actually I don't even see "next message" on the menu!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't use the stock email app, so I'm just thinking out loud. Can you swipe side to side to move through the messages?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Nope, tried that, but good thinking. Woulda been nice if that were it!

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Gmail you can swipe to the next message. Pop3 accounts like comcast.net you do have to go back to the mail account and open the next message. Same way with delete in Gmail, swipe to delete, but Pop3 you have to check off the message to delete.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38