Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lanhoj
  • 1 Post By Hariharan Arumugam
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How can I set a whole image as a wallpaper??

Even with wallpaper scrolling set to "off", there's no way for me to be able to set a whole image as a wallpaper--the + shape still shows up, preventing you from doing so. I created a wallpaper to fit perfectly with the dimensions, but even with QuickPic Wallpaper I can't get it to set! QuickPic does some funny thing where you can't physically increase the area, it just changes the shape of the area (i.e. large box or skinny box, neither covers the entire image). Is there any way to do this without downloading yet another app?? I'm loathe to download tons of little apps just to overcome tons of minute issues like this.

Since the stock gallery app can't recognize anything I download, is there any way to get other gallery apps to recognize "messages" as a send option? I tend to send a lot of pics, and for every image I want to send that the stock HTC gallery doesn't recognize, I have to go into File Manager and move it around a bunch of times. Gets tiring.

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Default Re: How can I set a whole image as a wallpaper??

I just Google the image and find the ones that are the same resolution as the screen.. You could try to find the stock gallery apk nd use that. But that's weird it doesn't read your downloads. Also you may have to be rooted to get the apk to download.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Privacy is overrated :P
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Like the stock raw android gallery app? I'll look into that, thanks. It only recognizes JPG/PNG's I downloaded directly from a web browser--unfortunately, most of the time I use my cloud storage (Box.com) because a lot of the images I've been dl'ing are just aesthetic modifications (icons, wallpapers, etc). It also doesn't recognize downloaded email attachments.

I created a wallpaper that was 1080x1920, the dimensions of my screen. So if I *could* have it fit my whole screen, it would be perfect. But it doesn't work w/the stock wallpaper app bc of the crosshair thing (ironically it can't scroll wallpapers.. I guess HTC just doesn't play well with other launchers), and I can't get it to work on QuickPic wallpaper, which is what I see most people doing (e.g. folks on mycolorscreen).

I use Wallpaper Wizardrii-->
    droidman2177 likes this.

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Try cropping in landscape

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How can I set a whole image as a wallpaper??-uploadfromtaptalk1358553829307.jpg  
    Privacy is overrated :P
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    I use Wallpaper Wizardrii-->
    Thanks! I tried this app, but no matter what I did I couldn't get the wallpaper to fit exactly. I made it 1080x1920, which are the dimensions of my screenshots. The closest I could get (see pic) had a margin on all sides. I disabled the notifications bar on Nova, so everything *should* fit exactly. The gameboy wp was just a test lol, but it does have the correct dimensions.

This is driving me crazy--it's impossible to do custom homescreens if I can't even get the wallpaper to fit. I tried another app--Image 2 Wallpaper--but that didn't work either. Has anyone been able to get their wallpapers to fit exactly like they should?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How can I set a whole image as a wallpaper??-screenshot_2013-01-19-23-23-16.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by jrwatson View Post
    Thanks! I tried this app, but no matter what I did I couldn't get the wallpaper to fit exactly.
    Did you try Fix Options--> Fix Display Problem?
    Lets you manually set the dimensions.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    Did you try Fix Options--> Fix Display Problem?
    Lets you manually set the dimensions.
    Yep, I changed it to 1080x1920 and it didn't do anything. I'm beginning to wonder if the app just doesn't play nice with the DNA (I've had that happen to quite a few apps now, and I think that's why the QuickPick wallpaper doesn't work either). I tried "fix black screen" and that didn't work either. When I do "exact" for wp, it comes out tiny like in the below pic.

Based on other wallpaper-related threads for the DNA, I don't think anyone's been able to get their custom wp's to fit exactly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How can I set a whole image as a wallpaper??-screenshot_2013-01-20-00-05-04.jpg   How can I set a whole image as a wallpaper??-screenshot_2013-01-20-00-03-44.jpg  

Contact the Dev, they're pretty quick to reply with a real answer.

Use "Multi Picture Live wallpaper" app...it makes ur job easier....or as a second option, use wallpaper wizzardi
    mightyfacundo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariharan Arumugam View Post
    Use "Multi Picture Live wallpaper" app...it makes ur job easier....or as a second option, use wallpaper wizzardi
    Yep. Multi Picture does the job well. Good call!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app