How can I set a whole image as a wallpaper??

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Even with wallpaper scrolling set to "off", there's no way for me to be able to set a whole image as a wallpaper--the + shape still shows up, preventing you from doing so. I created a wallpaper to fit perfectly with the dimensions, but even with QuickPic Wallpaper I can't get it to set! QuickPic does some funny thing where you can't physically increase the area, it just changes the shape of the area (i.e. large box or skinny box, neither covers the entire image). Is there any way to do this without downloading yet another app?? I'm loathe to download tons of little apps just to overcome tons of minute issues like this.

Since the stock gallery app can't recognize anything I download, is there any way to get other gallery apps to recognize "messages" as a send option? I tend to send a lot of pics, and for every image I want to send that the stock HTC gallery doesn't recognize, I have to go into File Manager and move it around a bunch of times. Gets tiring.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just Google the image and find the ones that are the same resolution as the screen.. You could try to find the stock gallery apk nd use that. But that's weird it doesn't read your downloads. Also you may have to be rooted to get the apk to download.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Like the stock raw android gallery app? I'll look into that, thanks. It only recognizes JPG/PNG's I downloaded directly from a web browser--unfortunately, most of the time I use my cloud storage (Box.com) because a lot of the images I've been dl'ing are just aesthetic modifications (icons, wallpapers, etc). It also doesn't recognize downloaded email attachments.

I created a wallpaper that was 1080x1920, the dimensions of my screen. So if I *could* have it fit my whole screen, it would be perfect. But it doesn't work w/the stock wallpaper app bc of the crosshair thing (ironically it can't scroll wallpapers.. I guess HTC just doesn't play well with other launchers), and I can't get it to work on QuickPic wallpaper, which is what I see most people doing (e.g. folks on mycolorscreen).

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Try cropping in landscape

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358553829307.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358553829307.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 60

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Thanks! I tried this app, but no matter what I did I couldn't get the wallpaper to fit exactly. I made it 1080x1920, which are the dimensions of my screenshots. The closest I could get (see pic) had a margin on all sides. I disabled the notifications bar on Nova, so everything *should* fit exactly. The gameboy wp was just a test lol, but it does have the correct dimensions.

This is driving me crazy--it's impossible to do custom homescreens if I can't even get the wallpaper to fit. I tried another app--Image 2 Wallpaper--but that didn't work either. Has anyone been able to get their wallpapers to fit exactly like they should?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-19-23-23-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-19-23-23-16.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 55

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Did you try Fix Options--> Fix Display Problem?
Lets you manually set the dimensions.

Yep, I changed it to 1080x1920 and it didn't do anything. I'm beginning to wonder if the app just doesn't play nice with the DNA (I've had that happen to quite a few apps now, and I think that's why the QuickPick wallpaper doesn't work either). I tried "fix black screen" and that didn't work either. When I do "exact" for wp, it comes out tiny like in the below pic.

Based on other wallpaper-related threads for the DNA, I don't think anyone's been able to get their custom wp's to fit exactly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-20-00-05-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-20-00-05-04.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_2013-01-20-00-03-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-20-00-03-44.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 54

BanditQuest

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Use "Multi Picture Live wallpaper" app...it makes ur job easier
It sure does do a good job I tried it Today and solves most of my needs. I setup so only double tap will switch wallpaper. Has anyone used that kind of setup, because I noticed it changing occasionally, and when I exit some apps and return to home screen but I can't pin point what is causing it - I think might be seeing taps when using an app as double taps on home screen . Also changes when phone reboots. Anyone else seen that too?

vcjayan

Feb 11, 2018
Visit site
As all aspect ratio giving importance to horizontal motion which is more pleasing to our eyes and brain, almost all photos are 16:9 or 4:3. To exactly fit the photos to the home screen and remain as it is even when you scroll to multiple screens, the aspect ratio should be 9:16. Or in other words, 16 comes in vertical. You can search for such photos in web. Or edit the photo to convert 9:16 (don't know if such apps in playstore) but it will definitely lose some parts of the photo but the required portion can be selected within the frame of 9:16. Once you have the photo with 9:16, you are done. You can try it with a sample photo. Go to editor option in Google photos, set the aspect ratio to 16:9, rotate the photo which now gives you 9:16. Save it and set as wallpaper. Now check, you see the photo fitting the screen and not changing in another screen when you swipe right or left. I wanted to have some motivational quotes in my handset screen and did this way so that every time I look my phone in multiple screens, I see these quotes fully. Check it out..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23