Stuck on bootscreen after update

TheSubterfuge

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping someone can help me with this.

I tried getting the HTC update manually through the settings menu. The file was downloaded. Then the screen showed it was installing, until it ended up on a screen with a red exclamation point in a triangle. I left it on that screen until it restarted itself. The white HTC screen comes up, then the red Droid circle thing and the animation stops. Now anytime I try to restart the phone, it gets stuck on that screen.

My phone is not rooted and I haven't done anything else to it other than install programs from Google Play. Is there anything I can do other than take it to the Verizon store tomorrow? I'd be very appreciative for any help.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Try leaving it in that screen for a few minutes. Can take awhile. If that doesn't help. Hold the power button for 15seconds. The 3buttons on the phone will flash. Hold until the phone shuts off. If that doesn't work. Do a factory reset. (Will wipe all data) hold power and volume down I believe. Will bring you to a screen that has different options. (Use volume keys to navigate) go to FAC reset and press power button. (That's what VZW will tell you to try first before they replace it)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

TheSubterfuge

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, I've tried all of this since posting my question. Even getting as far as choosing the factory resent option and it still freezes on the same screen. Looks like I'll be making a trip to the store tomorrow.

MrRicks84

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, I've tried all of this since posting my question. Even getting as far as choosing the factory resent option and it still freezes on the same screen. Looks like I'll be making a trip to the store tomorrow.

That's unfortunate! I hope they can get u back up & running!