Chrome trouble

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I am having issues typing anything into the top search,url,area of chrome it is like I have word prediction on and I don't. Using stock trace keyboard. Also is there a way to have chrome default to Google search page instead of blank bookmark page upon opening?
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I am having issues typing anything into the top search,url,area of chrome it is like I have word prediction on and I don't. Using stock trace keyboard. Also is there a way to have chrome default to Google search page instead of blank bookmark page upon opening?
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Can you describe the issue that you are having in more detail? What exactly, is the issue? Is your search query changing to something else as if it is misspelled? Or is it the issue where you seem to push the top bar multiple times and you can't seem to get it to allow you to highlight the bar so you can type something?

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Can you describe the issue that you are having in more detail? What exactly, is the issue? Is your search query changing to something else as if it is misspelled? Or is it the issue where you seem to push the top bar multiple times and you can't seem to get it to allow you to highlight the bar so you can type something?

The url search bar at the top is where I am having trouble searching...I trace in android and it automatically puts in andoidmazon.com....It is auto filling in amazon after andiod but without the extra a , and this happens every time I use trace input...I have since figured out there must be a conflict between the trace keyboard and search as when I tap in the search it works fine...what a pain.

The other question was how do I get the plain old google search page to show up in that big white empty space without having to go to bookmarks and then choose the folder that has the google home page bookmark in it. Sometime I just want and image search and it takes like 4to 5 steps to get it.

Maybe its back to dolphin browser for me as chrome isn't even showing all my bookmarks anyway...I have a ton of them and that is why i chose to try to keep chrome acroos all devices.
Thanks for trying to help.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
This is the page I would like to open chrome to without going to browser/bookmarks/destop or mobile or /google....that is like 4 extra steps

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm not having of your issues with my chrome launcher I would recommend removing chrome and then try installing again or clear data in the application settings.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
is that the search we have when we press home button and hold...That is a good thought... just doesn't have my bookmarks. But I guess i could go between the 2.

Yeah. Press and hold the home key. It would be nice if your chrome bookmarks were displayed there. That would actually be awesome

Adding my 5sense

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
That's a great idea because I use GN for all my searching and Chrome when I need to access any of my mobile or desktop bookmarks. Both appliactions have come along way in the last year so just maybe there is hope.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
That's a great idea because I use GN for all my searching and Chrome when I need to access any of my mobile or desktop bookmarks. Both appliactions have come along way in the last year so just maybe there is hope.

I think I read that chrome may at some point have now as a home page...that would be awesome. Combine the 2 and problems solved.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch