Question Login page disappears

hshachter

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a new Android box running version 13. I have multiple problems:
1. I want to sync my Chrome bookmarks with my Windows 10 computer. I had previously been able to sign in to my account on the Android but sync was unsuccessful. A previous suggestion was to delete my account on the Android and relogin. Now, when I go to the add account page in Chrome, the dialog box opens, then closes before I can select anything.
2. The Android box came with a Rii i8 wireless keyboard. When I do a search and type in the question, when I press the enter key, or the OK key, a "q" character is entered at the end of the search term. How do I default the enter key to perform the search. I find Android 13 to be somewhat buggy.
3. Also, I cannot now log into Google Play. When I click the Sign In button, nothing happens. ?????
4. I tried updating Chrome to latest version (when Google Play was working). The latest version kept crashing upon opening. I had to uninstall that version and revert to the original which came preinstalled.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's almost certain that it's your off-brand or no-name Android box that's buggy, not Android 13 itself. Android TV boxes are typically made by obscure Chinese manufacturers with little-to-no quality control, so hardware and firmware bugs are not unusual. (In addition, a number of TV boxes also come with potential malware preinstalled -- https://techcrunch.com/2023/05/18/popular-android-tv-boxes-sold-on-amazon-are-laced-with-malware/)

You could try doing a factory reset and setting it back up again, but if the problem is with the hardware or firmware, that probably won't help.

If you want a good TV box, stick with reputable manufacturers like NVIDIA, Walmart's onn., and of course Google's own Chromecast with Google TV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter