DNA sms slow

alstreitz

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else's messaging app slow? Mine takes a couple seconds to load my most current conversations and contact names and its very irritating. Some feedback would be appreciated! Thanks,

alstreitz

buford07

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Mine does it too.. When I open messaging app it will show phone number for all contacts and then eventually it will swap over to their name..

Sent from my DROID DNA

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else's messaging app slow? Mine takes a couple seconds to load my most current conversations and contact names and its very irritating. Some feedback would be appreciated! Thanks,

alstreitz

Same issue as you and everyone else noted above. I think it is an issue with Sense 4 being overly... Fluffy? I think the minimalist Sense 5 interface will nip this issue in the bud.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I have been checking throughout the day for this type of problem, and I really only get it when the SIM is preparing. Its odd that it affects some phones and not all.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Only recently have I been experiencing this issue to a large degree. The messaging app was loading quite slowly today... In fact since the last firmware update I've been experiencing issues. I haven't had a SIM card error yet though.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

masc69

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I have also noticed this sluggishness on my messaging app. I had the same issue on my thunderbolt but that was caused by rooting. My DNA is not rooted and yet this still happens. I hadn't thought about it, but it has gotten worse after the "sim fix" update. "Fix" one thing and mess something else up. I'm just glad that I haven't had the crazy sim issues you all have been having.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

MikeyB904

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
If your DNA is slow to load your most current contact for a text conversation, you have reached a point where you have too many messages stored. If you delete the conversation thread, and start a new thread with this contact it will become quick like it was originally.

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
It's hard to say what the cause is, because even if I have two small threads in there, it still takes a moment to refresh to show the current messages. It's just not well designed app, IMO, but it seems like some people don't have the issue.

But I feel like it's a common problem among HTC's Messaging app, as it was like that on my EVO LTE as well.

rantain

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Mine is not that slow but it just closes and goes to the Home screen while typing a message. This is the only problem I have with this phone, my wife's phone does the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress