Emoji in e-mail?

EricB

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi
I use the stock keyboard and stock e-mail for my g-mail on the DNA.
When I press and hold the 12#/ABC key with the smile face I get a window with all the emoji smile faces.
So far so good, but when I press on the smile, all I get in the e-mail is this: : ) Not the pretty picture...
Any thoughts/advice?
Thanks
Eric

Last edited:

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hm. I have tried to recreate this and cannot. Try deleting the cache for messaging. You can do this by settings> apps> messages> clear cache.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi
I use the stock keyboard and stock e-mail for my g-mail on the DNA.
When I press and hold the 12#/ABC key with the smile face I get a window with all the emoji smile faces.
So far so good, but when I press on the smile, all I get in the e-mail is this: : ) Not the pretty picture...
Any thoughts/advice?
Thanks
Eric

The email (gmail) client will not show the smiley's like in a text message. It only renders the character combination that makes up the smiley.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your answer.
The problem I have is in the e-mail not messenges.
I will try your suggestion.
Eric

I am so sorry. I completely missed the part that mentioned email on that post. Sometimes my brain reads faster than my eyes. Disregard my previous post.

If that is the case, email clients do not register the emoticons from the key pad, and there is no in app support to add emoticons like on yahoo. Sorry!

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo