Pictures to work PC

ddickinson

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
First off just to let you know. We don't have any cell service where I work. So anything cloud based or takes mobile data won't work.

I am trying to down load some pictures from my phone to my work computer. Because I don't have admin rights I can't download the drivers. A couple of weeks ago I plugged my phone into the computer and after answering no to down loading the drivers the little box popped up asking me how I would like to down load the pictures I clicked camera wizard and bamm done. Now when I plug in the phone the box comes up but nothing in the box. Click on my computer. Phone shows up under scanners and cameras as a digital camera. I click on it and then click get pictures from camera. after it thinks for a bit a box tells me that either it cant detect the camera or it comes up as camera busy please try back later. So what am I doing different this time.

zero3187

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Your employer probably wouldn't like you putting personal media on your work device. Although, if you have a business need for it then maybe there's someone you can talk to that will be able to get the drivers put on there for you.

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
First off just to let you know. We don't have any cell service where I work. So anything cloud based or takes mobile data won't work.

I am trying to down load some pictures from my phone to my work computer. Because I don't have admin rights I can't download the drivers. A couple of weeks ago I plugged my phone into the computer and after answering no to down loading the drivers the little box popped up asking me how I would like to down load the pictures I clicked camera wizard and bamm done. Now when I plug in the phone the box comes up but nothing in the box. Click on my computer. Phone shows up under scanners and cameras as a digital camera. I click on it and then click get pictures from camera. after it thinks for a bit a box tells me that either it cant detect the camera or it comes up as camera busy please try back later. So what am I doing different this time.

I am going to go out on a limb and guess that you do not have an Apple work computer? If you do have an Apple computer, just download Droid NAS from the Google Play Store. All you do is start the app on your phone and any Apple computer on the WIFI can automatically view the pictures and other data on the phone. You can limit it so that your computer only has access to it. If you get the pictures this way, you do not have to install anything on your computer at all, just an app on your phone. I routinely grab all of the photos on my phone using Droid NAS.

However, if you are rocking an old Windows computer, then my entire response is meaningless to you.