Can't find pictures on PC.

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
From what I can see there is no photos app other than google photos, is that correct? I am trying to download pictures but when I hook up and go to DCIM/camera, it shows me all of my photos *EXCEPT* anything I've actually taken with the razr. Does anyone know how to access photos taken with the phone or let me know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the auto-backup turned on in Google Photos? If so, all of your photos that were backed up should show up in your main Photos feed. If you used the Free Up Space feature in Google Photos at some point, it would've automatically deleted any photo/video from local storage that it knows has already been safely backed up in the cloud.

If you want to get the photo back to your local storage, then simply select the photo in your main Photos wall, tap the 3 dot menu button, then Download.

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi. Thanks for the reply. I do have auto back up turned on. All of the pictures I have taken with the razr are in my google photos feed and when choose a photo and I click 3 dot menu it gives me the option do delete from device. When I hook up to my computer as a drive to transfer data nothing I've taken since the day I got my razr shows up. I guess I should have clarified that, I am talking about seeing the photos in the phone as a drive, NOT the google photos website.
Did I misunderstand something you were saying? I mean, I assume it is a setting or something. Sure hop so anyway. I'm assuming you can access your photos on a computer?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so that means the photos are in fact on your device.

When you connect the phone via USB, are you swiping down the notification panel, tapping the USB notification, and making sure "Transfer Files" or "MTP" is selected? If you don't, the PC might not be able to read the data.

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes I am enabling file transfer. Otherwise I don't think it would even show as a drive. I open the razr "drive" and go to dcim/camera and everything shows up except for pictures Ive actually taken with the razr. The last picture there is the last picture I'd taken with my pixel before getting the razr.

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
DCIM has camera(which is where all the other pics are), Work(which I created a while ago), facebook and video captures. None of them have the razr pics in them. So confusing and frustrating.

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Finally found them! They are mixed in the middle of all of my pictures for some reason. Even when I sort by created date or modified date my most recent pics, ie.those taken with the razr, they are still stuck in the middle of all of my pics. So I guess that is the new problem but at least they are there. Thanks for all of your help!

Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad you found them! Remember that Windows File Explorer sorts by filename by default, rather than the date the photo was taken, so if you imported or restored any photos from another phone that uses a different naming format, all of those photos might be the first ones you see, while the ones you took with that phone are way down the list.