DNA Sense 5 Update listed as coming soon on VZW site!

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Why is everyone so certain that the update will come on a Tuesday?

Posted via Android Central App

I am not really sure, but it is now Tuesday and my DNA is still indicating that there is no update available. Hopefully the update comes soon, my device needs a little bit of a refresh. I really can't complain, this is truly one of the most underrated phones of all time. Everything works well on it, Quad Core 2GB of RAM, etc. I wish the Butterfly had been opened up to all carriers and then just call the Verizon one the Droid DNA.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I am not really sure, but it is now Tuesday and my DNA is still indicating that there is no update available. Hopefully the update comes soon, my device needs a little bit of a refresh. I really can't complain, this is truly one of the most underrated phones of all time. Everything works well on it, Quad Core 2GB of RAM, etc. I wish the Butterfly had been opened up to all carriers and then just call the Verizon one the Droid DNA.

The only reason I got this phone was because it's so future proof. All the current flagships aren't so much different from the DNA; it was a phone truly ahead of its time.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I'd rather the Nexus 5 have antennas to work on Verizon and then I could be up-to-date all the time.

Amen to that. I have a feeling that this next update for the DNA will be our last major one; no kitkat for us :(

tkags85

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I am getting a lot of SIM card errors since yesterday.. I NEVER had that before.. :-/
I hope this is related to the upcoming update...

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Amen to that. I have a feeling that this next update for the DNA will be our last major one; no kitkat for us :(

Agreed. The DNA is my first Android device. I owned blackberries and iPhones before that. If I knew as much about Android then as I do now, I would have gone to AT&T and put a Nexus 4 on their network.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
My guess? I think Big Red is just f***ing with all of us! :p

Seems to me that this simply went public before they meant it to. I don't know how the web page was originally revealed, but it would seem that it happened before they were ready to. For whatever reason, the update must not be ready for release.

Typical of HTC and Verizon, a combination that I myself will never ever have again.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 4

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Seems to me that this simply went public before they meant it to. I don't know how the web page was originally revealed, but it would seem that it happened before they were ready to. For whatever reason, the update must not be ready for release.

Typical of HTC and Verizon, a combination that I myself will never ever have again.

This would make sense. That webpage was pretty bare bones and ugly, like an unfinished product.

Posted via Android Central App

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site

I agree with you. Verizon is the one that is killing everything. I do like the fact that Apple uses its big pimp stick to slap carriers around and tell them they can't mess with their phones, they can only sell them unmolested.

I have a 32GB iPhone 4 laying around at my house. I think I may boot up iOS7 on it today and if I like it enough, maybe retire the DNA for a bit so I can get used to having all of the updates when they are released as opposed to so late that there is virtually no point to having the update because I am ready for a new phone.

Verizon is the bane of my existence.

jsting76

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I have been getting all day a message that says: "Error - Server unavailable" when I check for update. My signal does connect to everything else.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you. Verizon is the one that is killing everything. I do like the fact that Apple uses its big pimp stick to slap carriers around and tell them they can't mess with their phones, they can only sell them unmolested.

I have a 32GB iPhone 4 laying around at my house. I think I may boot up iOS7 on it today and if I like it enough, maybe retire the DNA for a bit so I can get used to having all of the updates when they are released as opposed to so late that there is virtually no point to having the update because I am ready for a new phone.

Verizon is the bane of my existence.

If I had a phone that was gimped right now or wasnt working as it should, I would actually have some beef with Verizon, but this phone works amazingly for me personally. Never had any hiccups, hell, the phone hasnt even froze on me ever. The update can show up tomorrow, or in a month or more cause honestly the phone works perfect for me in its current state. Would I like to use Sense 5 on this phone, yes, but its not a make or break for me to keep using it in the end.

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Sorry it appears ios7 is for the 5 and 5c right now.

Your Smartphone is only as Smart as you are

Yeah, that is flat out wrong. I just updated my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 to iOS7. It took over an hour for each one due to the server overload issues, but iOS7 is running on my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez