Droid DNA update

bikedogrun

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Wish it was so easy; but no. If you live in a decent VZ signal area, your DNA will not be scanning for a GSM signal. Even set to CDMA only, a weak signal will still have the phone searching to find a stronger signal.

I did a test last night with both the DNA and a Galaxy S3 (just got its 4.3 upgrade). Both phones were fully charged to 100% battery. Then both were put in airplane mode (WiFi & Bluetooth off) and left alone overnight with screen off.

The Samsung had 90% battery this morning and the DNA had 73% battery ?!???

Something is clearly not right :':)'(

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Wish it was so easy; but no. If you live in a decent VZ signal area, your DNA will not be scanning for a GSM signal. Even set to CDMA only, a weak signal will still have the phone searching to find a stronger signal.

I did a test last night with both the DNA and a Galaxy S3 (just got its 4.3 upgrade). Both phones were fully charged to 100% battery. Then both were put in airplane mode (WiFi & Bluetooth off) and left alone overnight with screen off.

Good the info. Thanks. No more htc for me. Thunderbolt battery let me down but at least I could get extended battery and hot swap.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site

And to play devils advocate, the Galaxy S3 we have is awful for battery life, like losing 20-30% with no use at all during the course of the day. My DNA loses maybe 5-10% over the course of that same time. So its not that cut and dry.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

All apps the exact same, and all data sync settings identical? Cuz that's really the only way such a comparison would be valid.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
THE DNA Claimed to have a worse battery then the GALAXY S3... However, the DNA has amazing battery life compared to the DNA... My Phone also, has YET TO Snag a 3G signal, its been nothing but 4G LTE... AT work, in the cooler, it drops to 1x, but it still let me stream spotify, and as soon as i came out of the cooler, right back to 4G LTE... Also... Look out for 4.4 to come SOONER then 1st Quarter... With Motorola giving EVERY DROID is has the 4.4 Treatment a head of time... HTC has added pressure to get the DROIDS they run to get 4.4 so that all droids will be on same page

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I am mostly happy with it the messaging is ugly now but my Bluetooth is better then ever no more annoying static when playing music and using the GPS

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Power left on my DNA tonight. Haven't used it a lot today, but not all of the post-update battery news is bad.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387769819014.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387769819014.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 33

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Go into Google Maps settings, "Google location settings", "location reporting". I'm not sure if that'll make Maps show on the usage list or HTC Sense, though, now that I think about it. Still a huge battery waster.

Mine is off unless needed the turned back off.

bikedogrun

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
OK, I did it. We had an upgrade available on AT&T so I got the HTC ONE, perhaps that's what VZ & HTC wanted all along.

All I can say is "WOW" ... the HTC One is everything that the DNA wishes it could be. Superb build quality, great battery life and I just love these stereo speakers!

Do I sound like a commercial?, sorry about that. Guess I'll just list my DNA on eBay now, will really miss it though but with the HTC One's speakers, battery life and 32 GB storage (love having all this music available off-line now) ... hard to go back.

The one thing I will miss that not available on the One but is on the DNA is the wireless charging. Have a Nokia Qi wireless charging pad that just worked so well with the DNA. The HTC One's superb metallic build/body makes wireless charging a non-starter ///

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
OK, I did it. We had an upgrade available on AT&T so I got the HTC ONE, perhaps that's what VZ & HTC wanted all along.

All I can say is "WOW" ... the HTC One is everything that the DNA wishes it could be. Superb build quality, great battery life and I just love these stereo speakers!

Do I sound like a commercial?, sorry about that. Guess I'll just list my DNA on eBay now, will really miss it though but with the HTC One's speakers, battery life and 32 GB storage (love having all this music available off-line now) ... hard to go back.

The one thing I will miss that not available on the One but is on the DNA is the wireless charging. Have a Nokia Qi wireless charging pad that just worked so well with the DNA. The HTC One's superb metallic build/body makes wireless charging a non-starter ///

Glad your experience is such a good one. I personally know I would hate the metal case, but that's just me. We'll have to see where the designs go on the next year, but I'm personally done with HTC as of the DNA, unless something dramatic happens between now and next November.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45