The DNA dies a slow and painful death

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Why would a phone die, like it's battery has given up, with more than 60% power? And then have 20% left after a reboot? I mean, forget about the ridiculously unexplainable drop of 40% of power (where did THAT go?) - it shouldn't have shut off if it were at 20!

I am so done with this phone, and with HTC. The next 30 days until upgrade time could not possibly go by fast enough.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
OMG. Get this. I just rebooted it on purpose. Shut down manually and then restarted.

It's back to 63%. I would think I was lying if I didn't have the attached screens hot. What the.

ja7a6ama.jpg

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk

Brian Woods2

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Same here. When I first noticed this, I thought it was some type of setting that they had integrated in the recent update, however, this really isn't cool for your phone to just shutoff automatically with like 20+ % of battery life left and then when you turn it on, it mysteriously goes all the way down to 0. NOT COOL HTC!!!! I've got my new Iphone 6+ ordered and can't wait until the end of the month's delivery!!!!!!

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Same here. When I first noticed this, I thought it was some type of setting that they had integrated in the recent update, however, this really isn't cool for your phone to just shutoff automatically with like 20+ % of battery life left and then when you turn it on, it mysteriously goes all the way down to 0. NOT COOL HTC!!!! I've got my new Iphone 6+ ordered and can't wait until the end of the month's delivery!!!!!!

So yours is doing the same thing! I wish I felt better. ;-)

This has been par for the course with htc though - the integration of new, often far more serious bugs while fixing others. Long timers will remember the Thunderbolt spontaneous-reboot bug that came along in a "software upgrade".

Done. Very very done. But abandon android? No no, not me. My next phone will be made by Motorola... just don't know if it'll be a Nexus 6 or a Droid Turbo.

Fraggle79

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
My Phone did this for the first time a few days ago. I wonder if Verizon did this on purpose to make us buy new phones soon.

talonsmith

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I can vouch for this too. Its driving me up the wall when I phone in my pocket and hear the sudden charge your phone warning.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I can vouch for this too. Its driving me up the wall when I phone in my pocket and hear the sudden charge your phone warning.

For me what's maddening is to have it in my hand, at 30%+, only to have it shut down.

garyll

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
The battery is dying. The same thing happened with my Nexus 10 tablet that I bought at the same time (2 years ago.) It will continue to deteriorate over time. I had the battery replaced by Samsung and it works like new again. Up to you whether it's worth it to get the battery replaced or to just buy a new phone if you can't make it until you're due for an upgrade.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
The battery is dying. The same thing happened with my Nexus 10 tablet that I bought at the same time (2 years ago.) It will continue to deteriorate over time. I had the battery replaced by Samsung and it works like new again. Up to you whether it's worth it to get the battery replaced or to just buy a new phone if you can't make it until you're due for an upgrade.

Most definitely not worth it. :)

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk

ahein88

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
When I called htc up in November I went back and forth for weeks with their customer service. They claimed this was an unreported issue. Now all I read on Android forums is how messed up the HTC batteries are.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Well, after 3 awesome years with my HTC DROID DNA, I finally retired it (I gave it to a friend) and purchased the HTC ONE.

Sent from my HTC One

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95