Fascinate Replacement: Droid Charge or Droid Incredible2

ebernedo86

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey all

I have a question, as most of you may know, on Verizon we can get our fascinates replaced with a Droid Charge, Droid Incredible 2, or Droid X2 as a warranty replacement (does not affect my contract)

i want a front face camera so I'm not going to go for the Droid X2

Which would you recommend?
Please take into account that I live in Tucson AZ, and they do not get 4g until the end of the year.
Also in September, I'm eligible for an upgrade, so I'm sure better 4g phones will be out by then.

I have a fascinate now and its pretty cool, I love the screen but I read that the DINC2 has better overall specs. Which would you recommend in my case? I hear the charge is a slightly bigger version of the samsung fascinate with the same processor (which is still good) and a front face camera and 4g of course (but I dont have 4g in my city)

Thanks

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Several users have recently stated that they came from the fascinate to the Inc 2 and have been very satisfied with it.

Personally I came from a DX2 and could'nt be happier with the choice.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey all

I have a question, as most of you may know, on Verizon we can get our fascinates replaced with a Droid Charge, Droid Incredible 2, or Droid X2 as a warranty replacement (does not affect my contract)

i want a front face camera so I'm not going to go for the Droid X2

Which would you recommend?
Please take into account that I live in Tucson AZ, and they do not get 4g until the end of the year.
Also in September, I'm eligible for an upgrade, so I'm sure better 4g phones will be out by then.

I have a fascinate now and its pretty cool, I love the screen but I read that the DINC2 has better overall specs. Which would you recommend in my case? I hear the charge is a slightly bigger version of the samsung fascinate with the same processor (which is still good) and a front face camera and 4g of course (but I dont have 4g in my city)

Thanks

Charge

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

hachiroku13954

May 13, 2011
Visit site
The specs between the two days it all
Dinc2 > charge. Plus since you don't have 4G in your area having a charge is like pulling down your pants just to cart. It's useless. Go to the store and play with the phones. Plus you came into a dinc2 forum. Were gonna be more bias towards the dinc2

skyboxer

May 11, 2011
Visit site
You are in the enviable position of only having to put up with your choice for a few months. Given that, why not jump over to HTC for a bit and give Sense a try for a while. That way you will have a broader experience to decide on your upgrade device in September.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I think Samsung makes decent phones (I owned a Fascinate prior to getting my DINC 2 via warranty exchange). Overall, however, I find that HTC is a bit more stable (less bugs, freezes, etc). The Charge has very good reviews, as does the Incredible 2. Of course, we'd all love 4G on our DINC 2's, but it makes up for that in many other ways.

I have never owned or used a Charge so I can't objectively tell you which is the better phone. I can, however, say that HTC is the best when it comes to updates. Samsung (especially the Fascinate) seems to be the slowest manufacturer to release updates.

Demo them both. To really know what YOU want will be best judged by trying out both phones. Good luck!

Jrid32

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I chose the Inc2 and I even live in a 4G city! Charge has terrible battery life and is a brick.

I think Samsung makes decent phones (I owned a Fascinate prior to getting my DINC 2 via warranty exchange). Overall, however, I find that HTC is a bit more stable (less bugs, freezes, etc). The Charge has very good reviews, as does the Incredible 2. Of course, we'd all love 4G on our DINC 2's, but it makes up for that in many other ways.

I have never owned or used a Charge so I can't objectively tell you which is the better phone. I can, however, say that HTC is the best when it comes to updates. Samsung (especially the Fascinate) seems to be the slowest manufacturer to release updates.

Demo them both. To really know what YOU want will be best judged by trying out both phones. Good luck!