Please help, I'm stupid.

charalson64

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I just got an Dinc2 and I come from a BB family. I feel really stupid, but I don't know what to do. the manual is useless.

I know that I have 6 or 7 screens that I can scroll to. But I've done something really dumb and I can't figure out how to undo it (actually I've done a lot of dumb things.)

1. i synched and subsequently unsynched my FB contacts with my phone contacts. now all my FB and Twitter contacts are in my contacts list. I unsynched it and it worked, but now they are back and when i went to the auto sync button, they were all turned off.

2.my main screen (home) now has a huge "friendStream" in the middle of the screen like a twitter box ready for me to type "what's on my mind" and i can't get rid of it

3.one of my "screens has a full FriendStream that shows all my FB news feeds and I can't get rid of it.

4. one of my screens has all of my emails on it layered with the most recent one on top and i can't get rid of it.

5. one of my screens has a full size calander on it. I like and need the calander, but I don't want it taking up my whole screen.

I know that if i click on the little four square type pattern, all my programs pop up. I want to take some of them and put them on the screens that are full (like the one with the FriendStream on it, but I can't delete the friend stream.

I am too stupid to own a smart phone. I really should have stuck with my BB or gone with an idiot proof Iphone. oh someone please help. I'm thinking of deleting FB and Twitter and reinstalling them and seeing if that doesn't get rid of the stupid 2 friend stream pages i have, but i don't know how to shrink down the calander

Also, my screen goes dark and locks after about 10 seconds of non use. I found the place where you could disable the screen timeout and turned off the auto lock/blackout feature, but it still blacks out and locks after 10 seconds or so,and now i have another icon on my home screen that says "Timeout" I really am too stupid to own this device. Help?:(

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
-Holding down on a widget will give you the option to edit/remove it.
-Holding on a blank area of the screen will give you the option to personalize (or just hit the personalize button on the bottom right of your screen).
-From the all app menu, holding on an app will give you the option to add it to a screen.

Personalize > Widgets.. Explore for what you want. Widgets come in different sizes so choose the one that suites you best. Choose the type you want and scroll though the sizes.

With the contacts, you can choose what to show by going to People > View and choosing what accounts to show, which is under options. If you are talking about all your FB contacts popping up in the phone app, the only way to remove them all is to remove your sense account w/ Facebook or Twitter.

As for your timeout, you should go to Settings > Display and set your screen timeout from there. I've never heard of having an icon/app on the homescreen for that.

And just let me know if you need anything else.. I'm sure you'll get the hang of using this phone after a while ;)

titanoman

Banned
Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I just got an Dinc2 and I come from a BB family. I feel really stupid, but I don't know what to do. the manual is useless.

I know that I have 6 or 7 screens that I can scroll to. But I've done something really dumb and I can't figure out how to undo it (actually I've done a lot of dumb things.)

1. i synched and subsequently unsynched my FB contacts with my phone contacts. now all my FB and Twitter contacts are in my contacts list. I unsynched it and it worked, but now they are back and when i went to the auto sync button, they were all turned off.

2.my main screen (home) now has a huge "friendStream" in the middle of the screen like a twitter box ready for me to type "what's on my mind" and i can't get rid of it

3.one of my "screens has a full FriendStream that shows all my FB news feeds and I can't get rid of it.

4. one of my screens has all of my emails on it layered with the most recent one on top and i can't get rid of it.

5. one of my screens has a full size calander on it. I like and need the calander, but I don't want it taking up my whole screen.

I know that if i click on the little four square type pattern, all my programs pop up. I want to take some of them and put them on the screens that are full (like the one with the FriendStream on it, but I can't delete the friend stream.

I am too stupid to own a smart phone. I really should have stuck with my BB or gone with an idiot proof Iphone. oh someone please help. I'm thinking of deleting FB and Twitter and reinstalling them and seeing if that doesn't get rid of the stupid 2 friend stream pages i have, but i don't know how to shrink down the calander

Also, my screen goes dark and locks after about 10 seconds of non use. I found the place where you could disable the screen timeout and turned off the auto lock/blackout feature, but it still blacks out and locks after 10 seconds or so,and now i have another icon on my home screen that says "Timeout" I really am too stupid to own this device. Help?:(

These things can make any average-Joe feel stupid. Just hang in there. You'lle figure it out.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Take a deep breath. Count to ten slowly. You will be OK. The phone is easy to learn. And once you know everything you will laugh at these little frustrations

And the Thunder rolls!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
You can do a soft reset and it will restore to factory settings and you can start from scratch.

And the Thunder rolls!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Also came from blackberry. I love android. Once you are comfortable with it you will love it. Go into your Verizon account online and sign up for a class. They will give you the basics and it is helpful for novice users. I highly recommend it especially since you have been so frustrated.

And the Thunder rolls!

an_icon

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
These forums are the greatest tool you will have I came fromm a BB storm and had the original INC android is so much better! I like GO launcher and there sms app I feel they are better than sense. check them out to see if you like them, they are like themes that you can get fgrom BB. If you have any question message me and I will try to help. :D

thekylebrody

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I agree. Take a class, or Verizon's site has videos on how to use / get the most of your device.
Good luck!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk