Traded in D2 for Bionic

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The D2 is a great phone, as is the Bionic. However the Bionic did not meet the standards I had thought it would. The 4G is amazing. It's faster than WiFi on my D2. The GPS is quicker, and the screen is better in the sun. But... I experience UI lag even with the dual-core processor! It's not a great phone if you like high graphic games. The fps are choppy. Lastly, the keyboard for texting is surprisingly awkward. I make many typos. I'm within my 14 day return policy and will be returning my Bionic to reactivate my D2 until the Rezound is released in just over a week.

I thought I'd share my experience for anyone debating an upgrade to a Bionic.

ba_hamilton

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I was debating between a Dinc2 and a Bionic. The screen on the Bionic is huge and it kind of scared me off. lol. The phone I really wanted, the Galaxy S2, was not available on Vzw at the time so I got a Dinc2.

sjpritch25

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I think the nexus prime will be a good phone, but its just to darn big. I like the htc rezound, but i think it will fall into the same category as the inc2. It will go under the radar. I think the hacker community will unlock the bootloader quickly too. The bionic sucks. plus its Motorola.

an_icon

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I was forced to take a Motorola X2 when i had problems with my INC2; I expierenced a horrible product from Motorola and i made Verizon send me an INC 2 back, I am so much happier with HTC than Motorola, I will never stray again. I dont care if the Nexus had ICS im sticking with HTC i will upgrade to Rezound after the holidays.

HTC rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: RazorDroid

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I too like HTC phones. I was looking at the Bionic and the Razr, but I couldn't pull the trigger on either. I had to go with the Rezound. It will be at my doorstep on Monday.

sjpritch25

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully they will have an unsecure bootloader soon enough. The deve's already have a pre-alpha ICS rom, i'm hopeful it will be beta soon.