camera quality

mturco

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Is it the same camera as the Thunderbolt? I hope so, the Thunderbolt's is fantastic.

I don't know, but Engadget seems to think the Incredible S' camera is better, actually.

Overall image quality is still among the finest the company has produced, arguably besting the output from the Thunderbolt, which scored some pretty high praise in our recent review.

DroidyMcDroid

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
what are those 'full res crops' they have on the engadget review? they don't look nearly as good. are they small parts of a full 8mp picture? because those don't look too hot. the regular camera samples are good

mturco

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
what are those 'full res crops' they have on the engadget review? they don't look nearly as good. are they small parts of a full 8mp picture? because those don't look too hot. the regular camera samples are good

Yeah they cropped out sections of full photos so it's like zooming in really far. They don't look great, but no phone camera is going to capture that much detail any time soon.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
the camera is the same mega pixel as the DINC1 but the light sensor and software have been drastically updated. so i guess the answer is yes and no

Sugrat

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I think the camera is awesome outside in good light but not so hot inside (low light), just seems to find it a little hard to focus but you'll find that with any camera (most new cameras have a infra red beam for low light shooting).

orangedude654

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I like messing around with close up shots and find the camera to be spectacular.

Few examples.

imag0012n.jpg

imag0013eg.jpg

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
one thing i've found is the flash works much better on this phone. on the DINC1 it would wash out much more and sometimes give a slight blue hue to the photo. now it compensates and looks much better

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa