Verizon Rep recommends DINC2 over TB

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Already have the DINC2 and am in love with it. I went into my local VZW store to look for a case with a kickstand on it. Only cuz they told me over the phone that they had it. LIARS!!

Anyway, so i'm looking at the thunderbolt kickstand cuz i heard about the peeling and the rep asks what phone i have now. i say the DINC2. he says keep it. don't get the TB. The battery life is horrid, his phone of choice is the DINC2.

For a rep to basically turn away $200 i'd have to pay to get a TB over the DINC2 the battery must be really bad. He was trying to order an extended battery for someone and the warehouse is out of stock.

DANG!

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I've spoken to three reps who disparaged the Tbolt's battery life, using words like "horrible." I was surprised they'd trash their own product, but maybe they're trying to prevent a lot of angry returns because they know the average person isn't going to do even the most basic battery tweaks much less any of the more advanced ones much less rooting, ROMing, kerneling. Three of them have also recommended advanced task killer to me, which I find interesting. The nerd community is very anti task killers.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like the sales reps were told to push DINC2 sales.Not that the Bolt complaints are groundless but if they were told to push Thunderbolts they would say would they needed to for that to happen. ;)

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I was told the same thing by a customer service rep...when I was on the TB and having several data issues, he strongly suggested waiting for the Incredible 2. I thought it was hilarious that he referred to the device as being 'dope' lol. He was right though...although I miss the 4G speeds when it actually worked on the TB, the Incredible 2 has proven to be pretty solid.

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like the sales reps were told to push DINC2 sales.Not that the Bolt complaints are groundless but if they were told to push Thunderbolts they would say would they needed to for that to happen. ;)

Actually this was all pre-Dinc2. The first one was in a store and tried to put me in a Droid X instead (this was likely because their restock of Tbolt's wouldn't be in for a couple more days and he wanted to close a sale right then - but he trashed the Tbolt). The second one was over the phone when I just called up to get some information - she didn't suggest another phone, just trashed the battery life out of nowhere. The last one was when I was ordering it over the phone and he didn't try to put me in anything else, just mentioned that the battery life was terrible, I assume in a kind of "be aware of what you're getting into" kind of way. AS I was buying it he says this. Dummy! Either the company is telling them to do this or there is some kind of way that they get dinged in pay if somebody returns a phone they sold. There's a driver here somewhere - it would be stupid for them to do this just casually and for Verizon to let it happen. Maybe they're just offering up the Tbolt as the sacrificial 4G lamb.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
You may be right about the returns issue with the Reps.I wonder what the return percentage is with the Bolt?Higher than normal for a new device? I think Verizon underestimated the demand for the Extended Battery.

kat89447#AC

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I am used to store reps trashing one phone for another so I don't put much stock in it. They trash BB over Droids all of the time. Where I live there isn't any 4G yet so they are not pushing any 4G phones but I think the battery issue with those phones has already become common knowledge. I ended up with the Dinc 2 because I researched it and it fit my needs, but they tried to talk my hubby out of the Casio Commando. They hadn't even put out the display yet. He switched from the original Droid. There is truth to the fact that they have quotas on certain brands and phones so that's what they push. I think Verizon is not going to push the 4G phones until they have a bigger foothold on 4G areas. I have found that unless you get an associate that is techy, they usually have little actual knowledge of the phones besides the company line, unless they happen to have a particular model themself.

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I have found that unless you get an associate that is techy, they usually have little actual knowledge of the phones besides the company line, unless they happen to have a particular model themself.

Ugh, seriously. Regardless of what issue I have, whether it's questions or account issues or what, I hit the tech support option on the menu. Because whenever I do that I seem to get somebody who sounds intelligent and knows what they're talking about instead of some gum smacking mouth breather reading off of a script.

ketchup

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I use a DINC2 and I put my TBolt on the shelf. There's no 4G anywhere I go and it is true, The battery life on the TBolt is very bad. I used mine for two weeks and had enough.

I also have an Atrix and it is a nice phone if it weren't for the frequent lags and lockups.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I had the VZW manager tell me I was killing him because I was returning the Droid X for the DInc 2. I asked him what he meant and he said it cost him 200 dollars every time someone returns a phone and they can not then resell those phones that are returned in the 14 day period. I did not call BS on that to him, but I told him if they are going to have a policy, honor it, and do not complain to me (the customer), then he started a conversation about coffee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa