Anyone moved from the original Dinc to the Dinc 2?

macjazzy

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Phone got wet, I do have insurance for that, but I was in the Verizon store recently for something else, and the Saleswoman told me I was eligible for an upgrade. So now that my original Dinc is wet,( jury is out on how badly it's damaged, it is soaking in a bag of rice right now) So I am doing a bit of research to see if I want to upgrade, get another Dinc or get a dinc2

Does the Dinc 2 still have the apps memory low icon that always comes up, the only fix I have seen is to erase all the texts and pics. Very annoying

Second, how is the battery life compare to the dinc? So you have to bump charge it to fully charge battery?

Dual owners, how do you like the 2 compared to the original?

thank you

Last edited:

Kevin217

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey,
I recently upgraded from the Dinc to the 2 and I am absolutely loving the upgrade. Bump charging is no longer necessary to get a full charge, and my battery lasts me an entire 9am-10pm day with moderate to heavy use. Its faster, feels amazing in hand, and overall I am very pleased.
I say go for the upgrade!

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I bought the DInc2 for a family member on my plan. After setting it up for her, I . . . want . . . one.

I saw the memory low message only once on my DInc. It had to do with a Google app - after uninstalling it, no problem. I've heard no complaints about the memory low warning on the DInc2, thus far.

It's easier to type on the 4-inch screen in portrait view. The screen is beautiful. I like that it's global & Verizon does unlock the SIM (whew!). I don't depend on wireless Internet for more than some basic stuff (email, music, etc.); so, I can live without 4G for a while.

Only big problem is that Google Sky Maps isn't using the GPS very well. Waiting for the software patch. Other apps might have similar problems. Everything else has been 4.5 out of 5 stars.

ThirstyTurtle

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Original Incredible was the best phone I've ever had. Now the Incredible 2 is the best phone I've ever had.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

daleo911

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I never had a memory prob with dinc1(which I adored) but maybe because of my user type (old lady) got the dinc2 and love that equally. Had a problem with the 2 which resolved when I removed my email account (not gmail) and then added it back in, but then it would slow to a crawl within an hour or two. Store agreed phone was faulty and replaced yesterday. All okay now, but I did not add Zedge ringtones, which I have since read is buggy.
Great new feature: keyboard has arrow keys. Screen seems brighter. Battery life great. Improved volume control (less apt to change accidentally as a result of holding the phone)
Anyone know a good free ringtones app?

macjazzy

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
How do you guys feel about battery life in the Dinc2 compared to the original? Is it a lot better, a little better or about the same?

teddeli

May 3, 2010
Visit site
How do you guys feel about battery life in the Dinc2 compared to the original? Is it a lot better, a little better or about the same?

I find that the stock battery in my 2 lasts as long as the extended Verizon battery ( the one with the extended door) in my 1

AJ Shaw

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Does Dinc1's standard battery fit into Dinc2

Hello Fellow Droid'ers,

I am going for the Dinc2 upgrade and would appreciate help on the following q's:
Please see, I am going to get a Dinc2 with extended battery and back cover.

1) I have 2 spare Dinc1 standard batteries, will those work with with my Dinc 2?

2) Will I need a separate back cover, if my Dinc1 battery fits into the Dinc2?

3) Please guide me on how to transfer data (contacts, etc) from my Dinc1 to Dinc2.

Thank you very much
Shaw

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
@ AJ Shaw

If no one else has done so before tonight, I can try my DInc battery on the DInc2. I seem to remember it doesn't work, though.

If you haven't already, I highly recommend using Verizon's Backup Assistant. Makes moving contacts from phone to phone a lot easier.

LowFire

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
1)No, the DInc batteries are not designed for the DInc2

2) Don't get the extended battery from Verizon, the phone has great battery and the bulk it adds is a bit much, if anything go to seidioonline.com and get their slim battery that is cheaper and doesn't require a new battery door and is 450mAh larger than stock

3)Best way to transfer contacts is to use Google Sync, that is what I used to transfer everything from my BlackBerry to my new DInc2

Hope that helps :)

AJ Shaw

May 25, 2011
Visit site
It does help, Thanks.

I'm getting a free upgrade to Dinc2 from Dinc1 and they were offering extended battery & cover free as well. Since, I do watch the HBO GO a lot, I thought the extended battery might help.

Is it going to add tht much of a weight?

Anyone interested in my Dinc1's: 2 spare batteries, 2 cases, 2 spare battery charger, all in excellent condition.

Thanks AJ Shaw

AJ Shaw

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Ohh I forgot,

I also wish to sell my Dinc 1. its in great condition, along with 4 batteries in all, 2 battery chargers, few cases.

Any takers?

LowFire

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It does help, Thanks.

I'm getting a free upgrade to Dinc2 from Dinc1 and they were offering extended battery & cover free as well. Since, I do watch the HBO GO a lot, I thought the extended battery might help.

Is it going to add tht much of a weight?

It isn't the weight, it is the size...going with the extended battery knocks a lot of options out for docks and cases with the added bulk...was just suggesting the slim extended life because a lot are getting 12 hours+ out of their devices with decent use(I am as well) and adding a few more hundred mAh from a same size battery would help without adding too much to it....just my opinion anyway ;)

AJ Shaw

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello Dave,

I had paid full price for my Dinc along with the seidio battery chargers (2) and spare batteries (2)..All are in excellent condition. Wud like to pass on my Dinc at a fair price along with accessories. What do you have in mind? Please let me know,

Thanks
AJ Shaw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89