phone is slow..anyone else?

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Not to my knowledge but your statement about it getting slow after installing apps is a pretty indicator that one of them is causing conflict with the phone.

plifebryan

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I think it was his email. I had him delete 2 folders from his email: Trash and Sent. This helped. Also I have his gmail loaded into his mail icon so he has a unified inbox with his POP3 account but I think he has to check the gmail icon to see what happens there when he deletes a gmail email from his reg mail icon.

confused yet lol.

newboy#AC

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My Inc2 (coming from Palm Pre) started lagging pretty bad after 2 days of tweaking and installing apps. My Linpack for Android MFLOPS was under 25. I had to restore it to factory. After that Linpack jumped to 39 - 40. From then on, when I installed an app I checked Linpack to make sure it did not affect speed. I did find that the default weather app caused lag. Hope this helps.

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I think it was his email. I had him delete 2 folders from his email: Trash and Sent. This helped. Also I have his gmail loaded into his mail icon so he has a unified inbox with his POP3 account but I think he has to check the gmail icon to see what happens there when he deletes a gmail email from his reg mail icon.

confused yet lol.

Did you set them all up as pop? Pop downloads all messages so you may need to edit how much mail it keeps on hand.

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Dude, this happened to me too. Everything was butter and then I tweaked it, nothing special, and then it got all slow and laggy. restarts and taking the battery out don't do anything. I tried stripping down to the default widgets and deleting 15-20 apps but still it lags. THis is the same stuff that was on my Thunderbolt with no problems. I don't get it. Not liking it though. I'll have to do some research here.

plifebryan

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Dude, this happened to me too. Everything was butter and then I tweaked it, nothing special, and then it got all slow and laggy. restarts and taking the battery out don't do anything. I tried stripping down to the default widgets and deleting 15-20 apps but still it lags. THis is the same stuff that was on my Thunderbolt with no problems. I don't get it. Not liking it though. I'll have to do some research here.

it happenned to his doid inc too. thats why we got dinc2. i think its the mail. got to get him to see what apps are "running" too

jtwildman1

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm I have not had any issues. My original droid use to force close apps all the time, but I haven't had that issue with this phone. No lag at all either. I would say if it continues to be an issue...i would return the phone and see if you can get an exchange. sometimes certain apps don't always play nice, but I haven't found any to be an issue with mine. If you have deleted and/ or reset the phone and ate still experiencing the same issue I would definitely be demanding they exchange it for another that works properly. I love my dinc2

98koukile

May 19, 2011
Visit site
My messages app is sometimes slow to get up and running, sometimes slow to run, and sometimes just doesn't work for a min or more. I reset it to only save 400 messages per person since I had 1600 from my girlfriend and it's been fine since doing that. I noticed with my ipod touch originally that it would get laggy if you never turned it off so this phone gets turned off probably once a day.

plifebryan

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
so we did a factory and all is good.

Did not mention on initial setup of the phone there was intermitent lag. I thought it was phone syncing.

Anyways - all is good after factory.

Thxs.