VZW store has low inventory

herbologist

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
so i just called my local verizon store and talked to an employee that said they only have 24 incredibles in at the moment and they are first come first serve. how nerve wracking! verizon hasnt done much advertising so that eases me slightly, but what if they run out?! ill probably be in the store between 12:30pm:1:00pm. anyone think that they will be out by then?

herbologist

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
i wish i could but i dont think i can, i have to get up in the morning for school and i am not out until 12:00pm! i wish that they could just hold one for me but since its first come first serve they cant.

herbologist

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
i agree, it is very weak. the store i am going to is not corporate. does only corporate stores hold for customers? because they wouldnt even allow me to do that. maybe the employee i spoke with was as much of a weasel as the last one i spoke with.

hucworld

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
the corp store by me told me last week that they wouldn't get them on launch(I knew that was bs) so I preordered mine online. Today I went on there to buy a case or two and the assistant manager told me that they have in them in stock now and will will open early tomorrow to sell them. Either way by this time tomorrow I will be playing with my Incredible.

herbologist

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
that is what frustrates me, you dont know if they are feeding you bs or if that really is the case. im almost tempted to still pre-order online today and hope for it tomorrow because who knows when the store will re-stock if i get there too late!. i just want my incredible by tomorrow!!!!!!

Trent212

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My store was pre-ordering 10 phones in person only. They had me buy a $50 gift card and fill a form out to reserve my Incredible. Can't wait for tomorrow =D

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Is there a chance V stores will run out of Incredibles tomorrow?

I have absolutely no idea how these launch days work or what kind of demand there will be at the stores. Are they like Springsteen tix where you're shut out if you don't get in during the first 30 seconds of release? ;) Judging from the posts on these boards, you would think the world will be in line for the phone. But in real life - where MOST people don't look beyond email, texting and MAYBE the calendar, is it likely that there will be a run on the phones at Verizon stores?

I definitely want mine tomorrow and definitely do NOT want to order online. Prob is I can't get there until late afternoon. Is there a chance I'll miss the boat?

imma_rage_quit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
i wish i could but i dont think i can, i have to get up in the morning for school and i am not out until 12:00pm! i wish that they could just hold one for me but since its first come first serve they cant.

That's weak on their part. The corporate store by me is reserving one for me.

I agree! the corporate store near me is holding one for me as well. They said that there is a $50 deposit needed but since the dude talked to me last week they waved it.

wesrodz

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Availability on Launch Day???

I just spoke to 4 different Verizon Corp stores in NYC, and they ALL mentioned that they weren't sure if the Incredible was going to be available in store on launch day, aside from those who pre-ordered. Apparently, they only got 10 pre-orders in, and do not have any more for sale. They weren't sure when new shipments were going to come in.

Does ANYONE have any other information on this? Is this true or just BS???

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I called into the stores near me and they also said they werent sure theyd have them launch day which is sorta strange...

nosey313

Dec 23, 2009
www.remotelygood.com
Honestly, I think the initial demand is strong. For current VZW customers, the DI is the closest thing to a Storm replacement (touchscreen, no qwerty). Most Storm 1 owners who waited until their annual upgrade (like me) I think are upgrading now. Just look at ebay.

wesrodz

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
It would be absolutely nuts if Verizon only provided 10 phones on launch day per Corp store. Maybe something happened to the shipment? I still plan on going to my closest store to see if they magically got em in tomorrow.

Does anyone have any other info on this?

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Honestly, I think the initial demand is strong. For current VZW customers, the DI is the closest thing to a Storm replacement (touchscreen, no qwerty). Most Storm 1 owners who waited until their annual upgrade (like me) I think are upgrading now. Just look at ebay.

So u think there are that many people that toughed it out with the storm 1 for 2 years? LOL............. ;)

threepio

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I really hope my store has some Incredibles available. I am going to mine right in the morning to be the first person there.