Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 551
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #276  
    PvilleComp's Avatar

    Posts
    4,261 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM-7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DougFNJ View Post
    Thats funny....I used MCI back in the day, Verizon resold their network through them, so I got Verizon service with MCI rates which saved me some money. I also had the Palm Treo on the far right, and that Motorola on the bottom, which I am thinking I got before the Startac. Man, it's been a long time
    The Moto on the bottom is a Piper, successor to the Flip. I got that after the "Brick." It’s most definitely Pre StarTac.

    Hell, now that I think about it I guess after my Moto/Nokia/Treo runs I'm a serial Fanboy! <hanging head in shame>

    Good news for HTC for the next few years I guess.
  2. #277  
    Qazme's Avatar

    Posts
    2,819 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DougFNJ View Post
    Thats funny....I used MCI back in the day, Verizon resold their network through them, so I got Verizon service with MCI rates which saved me some money. I also had the Palm Treo on the far right, and that Motorola on the bottom, which I am thinking I got before the Startac. Man, it's been a long time
    Oh god the Startac I remember when that was THE phone to have, little dinky pull out antenna that nobody ever pulled out. Wonderful phone served me well for several years. I probably replaced the battery three times on it lol. Man that's been a long time ago!
  3. #278  
    PvilleComp's Avatar

    Posts
    4,261 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM-7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qazme View Post
    Oh god the Startac I remember when that was THE phone to have, little dinky pull out antenna that nobody ever pulled out. Wonderful phone served me well for several years. I probably replaced the battery three times on it lol. Man that's been a long time ago!
    Funny thing is that w/ Both StarTac's, the black and the silver Timeport StarTac, I still have the original OEM holsters and I used them both daily for years. They never broke. When I think about what I've spent on my DInc in accessories, I get misty again... for the wrong reasons.
  4. #279  
    DougFNJ's Avatar

    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    Let's take a trip further down memory lane....did you guys use pagers before cell phones? I remember starting with a simple beeper, then one that sent full messages...you called a number and got an operator who typed the message and sent it. Then there was the one that you could send standard responses back to another pager followed by the huge pagers with keyboards....heh heh heh then came the blackberry 850. That's when the cell phone plans became affordable. Am I dating us? Lol
  5. #280  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DougFNJ View Post
    Let's take a trip further down memory lane....did you guys use pagers before cell phones? I remember starting with a simple beeper, then one that sent full messages...you called a number and got an operator who typed the message and sent it. Then there was the one that you could send standard responses back to another pager followed by the huge pagers with keyboards....heh heh heh then came the blackberry 850. That's when the cell phone plans became affordable. Am I dating us? Lol
    I remember those days -- driving down the street, get beeped, had to pull over to use a pay phone (since cell phone plans weren't quite yet priced out for the mass market)! LOL

    I remember those pagers - especially the "alpha numeric" pagers you describe. I was in my early college days back then & was one of those emergency exchange operators that paged on-call doctors. We loved it cuz we no longer had to talk to those ego maniacs in order to deliver an emergency message.

    I'm so glad that beepers became obsolete.
  6. #281  
    DougFNJ's Avatar

    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    Funny thing is, you could still get one if you wanted one

    The leading business, government and healthcare provider of paging products & wireless services.

    Look in their products, you will see some products to use from the 90's that are still for sale with service.
  7. #282  

    Default

    lol. Yea, I figured they'd still be sold somewhere. I couldn't imagine using one, though. Modern phones can do all that & so much more.
  8. #283  
    PvilleComp's Avatar

    Posts
    4,261 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM-7

    Default

    Pagers… I had several…. Funny I never saved any of them. Oh yea that’s right cuz they were a PITA!

    I remember when the first BB’s came out. Everyone was calling them “thumbers.” Ruined productivity at work for months!
  9. #284  
    PvilleComp's Avatar

    Posts
    4,261 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM-7

    Default

    Some days it does pay to get up for work.

    Look at what came in today!

    Sooooo gald this phone takes great pics. (The person using it not so much, but I can't blame the phone.)


    Official Unboxing...


    Yep, with 2 Joysticks


    Back view... Note the 4 DINN connectors From the Left, Cassette, Serial I/O, and the two joysticks.


    Complete with Manuals and 2 programs!
  10. #285  
    CRKhead's Avatar

    Posts
    626 Posts
    Carrier
    Standard 4.1 Jellybean

    Default

    Fishing in New Paltz, NY...



    Vignette...
  11. #286  
  12. #287  
    CRKhead's Avatar

    Posts
    626 Posts
    Carrier
    Standard 4.1 Jellybean

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gvillager View Post


    Where is this? I need to go fishing here!
  13. #288  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRKhead View Post
    Where is this? I need to go fishing here!
    It's a little river (don't know the name) off of Steel Bridge Rd in Elizabethton, TN. There are some nice cabins there that we stayed at. Don't know if I can provide the name of the cabins here on the board but you'll be able to find them on google.
  14. #289  
    CRKhead's Avatar

    Posts
    626 Posts
    Carrier
    Standard 4.1 Jellybean

    Default

    Damn... I saw your location was NYC/Philly, so I was hoping it was close by...
  15. #290  
    PvilleComp's Avatar

    Posts
    4,261 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM-7

    Default

    Tonights excercise in grilling

  16. #291  
    CRKhead's Avatar

    Posts
    626 Posts
    Carrier
    Standard 4.1 Jellybean

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    Tonights excercise in grilling

    I'll guess a Ribeye with mushrooms and either plain sour cream, or Horseradish sour cream on top...
  17. #292  
    PvilleComp's Avatar

    Posts
    4,261 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM-7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRKhead View Post
    I'll guess a Ribeye with mushrooms and either plain sour cream, or Horseradish sour cream on top...
    CLOSE! Ribeye w/ caramelized mushroom and onions and Marie’s Chunky Blue Cheese. I was out of gorgonzola or straight blue cheese… sometimes you have to improvise.
  18. #293  
    DougFNJ's Avatar

    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    Pagers… I had several…. Funny I never saved any of them. Oh yea that’s right cuz they were a PITA!

    I remember when the first BB’s came out. Everyone was calling them “thumbers.” Ruined productivity at work for months!
    I remember I worked for Pagenet when they started getting released, we were selling them as simple 2 way pagers. The big selling point? PIN Messaging.... Then I remember selling them when I was selling Network Managements Services, the pitch was that it was an excellent extension of of your Outlook.

    My favorite though was the AOL Messenger Device, just a Blackberry 850 with AOL IM only, no email, and no paging....I think that lasted 3 months?

    [QUOTE=PvilleComp;210922]Some days it does pay to get up for work.

    Look at what came in today!

    Sooooo gald this phone takes great pics. (The person using it not so much, but I can't blame the phone.)

    Quote Originally Posted by CRKhead View Post
    Fishing in New Paltz, NY...
    Man you guys are REALLY making me think of my childhood. Between the Old Radio Shack Tandy with Basic Programming manual, Where did the Big Floppies go?

    And New Paltz, I used to visit my grandfather up there when I was a kid. He used to take me to a public swimming lake that had a big floating diving board.

    Ahhh memory lane
  19. #294  
    Argent's Avatar

    Posts
    611 Posts
    Carrier
    BAMF Rezound ICS v0.6

    Default

    Here's a good example of what Vignette can do

    Original


    Paris effect (Contrasty black white and blue-green)


    London effect (Contrasty black white and red)


    New York effect (Contrasty black white and yellow)
  20. #295  
    CRKhead's Avatar

    Posts
    626 Posts
    Carrier
    Standard 4.1 Jellybean

    Default

    What the deuce? Argent, you can take an existing picture and modify it in Vignette later? I thought you had to take the pic and do modifications right then and there...
  21. #296  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRKhead View Post
    What the deuce? Argent, you can take an existing picture and modify it in Vignette later? I thought you had to take the pic and do modifications right then and there...
    Just downloaded this app today. You can do any photo. I've been playing with photos I didn't even take with vignette. This app is amazing.
  22. #297  
    CRKhead's Avatar

    Posts
    626 Posts
    Carrier
    Standard 4.1 Jellybean

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shafe75 View Post
    Just downloaded this app today. You can do any photo. I've been playing with photos I didn't even take with vignette. This app is amazing.
    Son of a... I've had this app since I got the phone practically... I never knew this...
  23. #298  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRKhead View Post
    Son of a... I've had this app since I got the phone practically... I never knew this...
    I wouldn't have known either till Argent posted those pics in this thread. Just import a pic and off you go.
  24. #299  
    Argent's Avatar

    Posts
    611 Posts
    Carrier
    BAMF Rezound ICS v0.6

    Default

    That feature was added in an update a few weeks back as far as I can remember - its great to be able to do that now - plus it works in portrait now too! The menu system is easier to use, you can set favorite combination effects as well....

    maybe I should do a write-up of Vignette and post it in the application forum....
  25. #300  

    Default





    Those are my favorites
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions