Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Quote Originally Posted by DougFNJ View Post
    Thats funny....I used MCI back in the day, Verizon resold their network through them, so I got Verizon service with MCI rates which saved me some money. I also had the Palm Treo on the far right, and that Motorola on the bottom, which I am thinking I got before the Startac. Man, it's been a long time
    The Moto on the bottom is a Piper, successor to the Flip. I got that after the "Brick." Its most definitely Pre StarTac.

Hell, now that I think about it I guess after my Moto/Nokia/Treo runs I'm a serial Fanboy! <hanging head in shame>

Good news for HTC for the next few years I guess.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Thats funny....I used MCI back in the day, Verizon resold their network through them, so I got Verizon service with MCI rates which saved me some money. I also had the Palm Treo on the far right, and that Motorola on the bottom, which I am thinking I got before the Startac. Man, it's been a long time
    Oh god the Startac I remember when that was THE phone to have, little dinky pull out antenna that nobody ever pulled out. Wonderful phone served me well for several years. I probably replaced the battery three times on it lol. Man that's been a long time ago!
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Quote Originally Posted by Qazme View Post
    Oh god the Startac I remember when that was THE phone to have, little dinky pull out antenna that nobody ever pulled out. Wonderful phone served me well for several years. I probably replaced the battery three times on it lol. Man that's been a long time ago!
    Funny thing is that w/ Both StarTac's, the black and the silver Timeport StarTac, I still have the original OEM holsters and I used them both daily for years. They never broke. When I think about what I've spent on my DInc in accessories, I get misty again... for the wrong reasons.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Let's take a trip further down memory lane....did you guys use pagers before cell phones? I remember starting with a simple beeper, then one that sent full messages...you called a number and got an operator who typed the message and sent it. Then there was the one that you could send standard responses back to another pager followed by the huge pagers with keyboards....heh heh heh then came the blackberry 850. That's when the cell phone plans became affordable. Am I dating us? Lol

Let's take a trip further down memory lane....did you guys use pagers before cell phones? I remember starting with a simple beeper, then one that sent full messages...you called a number and got an operator who typed the message and sent it. Then there was the one that you could send standard responses back to another pager followed by the huge pagers with keyboards....heh heh heh then came the blackberry 850. That's when the cell phone plans became affordable. Am I dating us? Lol
    I remember those days -- driving down the street, get beeped, had to pull over to use a pay phone (since cell phone plans weren't quite yet priced out for the mass market)! LOL

I remember those pagers - especially the "alpha numeric" pagers you describe. I was in my early college days back then & was one of those emergency exchange operators that paged on-call doctors. We loved it cuz we no longer had to talk to those ego maniacs in order to deliver an emergency message.

I'm so glad that beepers became obsolete.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > OG Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r)

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Funny thing is, you could still get one if you wanted one

The leading business, government and healthcare provider of paging products & wireless services.

Look in their products, you will see some products to use from the 90's that are still for sale with service.

lol. Yea, I figured they'd still be sold somewhere. I couldn't imagine using one, though. Modern phones can do all that & so much more.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > OG Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r)

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Pagers… I had several…. Funny I never saved any of them. Oh yea that’s right cuz they were a PITA!

I remember when the first BB’s came out. Everyone was calling them “thumbers.” Ruined productivity at work for months!

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Some days it does pay to get up for work.

Look at what came in today!

Sooooo gald this phone takes great pics. (The person using it not so much, but I can't blame the phone.)

Official Unboxing...

Yep, with 2 Joysticks

Back view... Note the 4 DINN connectors From the Left, Cassette, Serial I/O, and the two joysticks.

Complete with Manuals and 2 programs!

ROM
    Standard 4.1 Jellybean

Fishing in New Paltz, NY...

Vignette...
    Galaxy Nexus, Droid Incredible

Circle Me on Google+

Twitter: @CRKhead
    PSN: CRKhead

ROM
    Standard 4.1 Jellybean

Quote Originally Posted by gvillager View Post

Where is this? I need to go fishing here!

Circle Me on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by CRKhead View Post
    Where is this? I need to go fishing here!
    It's a little river (don't know the name) off of Steel Bridge Rd in Elizabethton, TN. There are some nice cabins there that we stayed at. Don't know if I can provide the name of the cabins here on the board but you'll be able to find them on google.

ROM
    Standard 4.1 Jellybean

Damn... I saw your location was NYC/Philly, so I was hoping it was close by...

Circle Me on Google+

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Tonights excercise in grilling

ROM
    Standard 4.1 Jellybean

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    Tonights excercise in grilling

I'll guess a Ribeye with mushrooms and either plain sour cream, or Horseradish sour cream on top...

Circle Me on Google+

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

I'll guess a Ribeye with mushrooms and either plain sour cream, or Horseradish sour cream on top...
    CLOSE! Ribeye w/ caramelized mushroom and onions and Maries Chunky Blue Cheese. I was out of gorgonzola or straight blue cheese sometimes you have to improvise.

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    Pagers I had several. Funny I never saved any of them. Oh yea thats right cuz they were a PITA!

I remember when the first BBs came out. Everyone was calling them thumbers. Ruined productivity at work for months!
    I remember I worked for Pagenet when they started getting released, we were selling them as simple 2 way pagers. The big selling point? PIN Messaging.... Then I remember selling them when I was selling Network Managements Services, the pitch was that it was an excellent extension of of your Outlook.

My favorite though was the AOL Messenger Device, just a Blackberry 850 with AOL IM only, no email, and no paging....I think that lasted 3 months?

[QUOTE=PvilleComp;210922]Some days it does pay to get up for work.

Look at what came in today!

Sooooo gald this phone takes great pics. (The person using it not so much, but I can't blame the phone.)

Fishing in New Paltz, NY...
    Man you guys are REALLY making me think of my childhood. Between the Old Radio Shack Tandy with Basic Programming manual, Where did the Big Floppies go?

And New Paltz, I used to visit my grandfather up there when I was a kid. He used to take me to a public swimming lake that had a big floating diving board.

Ahhh memory lane

ROM
    BAMF Rezound ICS v0.6

Here's a good example of what Vignette can do

Original

Paris effect (Contrasty black white and blue-green)

London effect (Contrasty black white and red)

New York effect (Contrasty black white and yellow)
    ~Paul
    HTC ReZound
    HP Touchpad w/ CM7 Alpha 3
    Vignette (The BEST camera app) review

ROM
    Standard 4.1 Jellybean

What the deuce? Argent, you can take an existing picture and modify it in Vignette later? I thought you had to take the pic and do modifications right then and there...

Circle Me on Google+

What the deuce? Argent, you can take an existing picture and modify it in Vignette later? I thought you had to take the pic and do modifications right then and there...
    Just downloaded this app today. You can do any photo. I've been playing with photos I didn't even take with vignette. This app is amazing.

ROM
    Standard 4.1 Jellybean

Quote Originally Posted by Shafe75 View Post
    Just downloaded this app today. You can do any photo. I've been playing with photos I didn't even take with vignette. This app is amazing.
    Son of a... I've had this app since I got the phone practically... I never knew this...

Circle Me on Google+

Son of a... I've had this app since I got the phone practically... I never knew this...
    I wouldn't have known either till Argent posted those pics in this thread. Just import a pic and off you go.

ROM
    BAMF Rezound ICS v0.6

That feature was added in an update a few weeks back as far as I can remember - its great to be able to do that now - plus it works in portrait now too! The menu system is easier to use, you can set favorite combination effects as well....

maybe I should do a write-up of Vignette and post it in the application forum....
    Last edited by Argent; 07-12-2010 at 08:00 PM.
    ~Paul
    HTC ReZound
    HP Touchpad w/ CM7 Alpha 3
    Vignette (The BEST camera app) review

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts

Those are my favorites
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 ... LastLast