1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default setting custom alerts/ringtones?

How do you set custom alerts for different events like text messages/SMS, MMS, different email accounts, and different ringtones for different contacts??

I found the default ringtone setting, but nothing for different events?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

To set a custom tone for all SMS open your sms and hit the menu key and then settings.

To set a tone for a contact open your people and select the contact and there will be a spot to change the ring tone.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    To set a custom tone for all SMS open your sms and hit the menu key and then settings.

To set a tone for a contact open your people and select the contact and there will be a spot to change the ring tone.
    Thanks, i guess i didn't look to hard.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

If i got a ringtone sent to my phone via text message, how do i save it to the phone? When i tap on the attached MP3 file, it just plays and then closes it. I can't find an option to save it to the phone.

how can i set an mp3 from my storage card to be my default ringtone?
    Roy Aguilera

Create a media folder and inside that create a ringtones folder.
    Place your mp3s that you want to use as ringtones in there.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

The easiest way to set a mp3 to your ring tone is to open the song and hit menu then select as ring tone.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Aguilera View Post
    Is there a way to create a folder in the app drawer.

Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    The easiest way to set a mp3 to your ring tone is to open the song and hit menu then select as ring tone.
    this worked perfectly, thank you kindly

does anyone know how to set a custom tone for emails yet?

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Aguilera View Post
    i try this methed to put custome ringtones to each contact. did not work. i only get the default list to choose ringtone.

is there a way to set costume ringtones to individual contacts. ????

ROM
    Standard 4.1 Jellybean

While the phone is connected to a PC, make 2 folders on the SD card (if using one).

Media/Ringtones (will be for ringtones)
    Media/Notifications (will be for notification sounds)

Put the sound files in each of these folders you want to use... You need to then unmount the card as storage (set phone to USB charge only) before the phone will see your files as ringtones or notifications...
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Does anyone know how to save a ringtone that was sent to the phone via Text message. All i can do is play the ringtone and then it goes back to the txt message that it came in; no option to save to the SD card or phone storage.

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mr.s4ndm4n View Post
    Does anyone know how to save a ringtone that was sent to the phone via Text message. All i can do is play the ringtone and then it goes back to the txt message that it came in; no option to save to the SD card or phone storage.
    I believe this requires a 3rd party app, although I haven't needed this yet so I don't have it. Search the Android App Market.
    -Strygun
    Former phone: HTC Droid Incredible
    Current phone: Motorola Droid RAZR M

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts

Thats what I'm looking how to do is changing email/sms for different people. Hell most people text for info not call. Is there an app that will do this for us.

Sorry for the hijack, but I'm still trying to figure out if there's a way to set a different tone for mms on the Incredible, or if we're stuck with just one tone for all notifications. Also, at some point I figured out how to set a different tone for voice mail, but now I can't remember how to do it. Lol! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Hijack over.

I tried that that first method.. but where do i go from there to see the ringtones. i still all i see if my songs. which are to long to use ..