setting custom alerts/ringtones?

mr.s4ndm4n

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
How do you set custom alerts for different events like text messages/SMS, MMS, different email accounts, and different ringtones for different contacts??

I found the default ringtone setting, but nothing for different events?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
To set a custom tone for all SMS open your sms and hit the menu key and then settings.

To set a tone for a contact open your people and select the contact and there will be a spot to change the ring tone.

mr.s4ndm4n

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If i got a ringtone sent to my phone via text message, how do i save it to the phone? When i tap on the attached MP3 file, it just plays and then closes it. I can't find an option to save it to the phone.

R

Roy Aguilera

Create a media folder and inside that create a ringtones folder.
Place your mp3s that you want to use as ringtones in there.

xLwoodx

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Create a media folder and inside that create a ringtones folder.
Place your mp3s that you want to use as ringtones in there.

i try this methed to put custome ringtones to each contact. did not work. i only get the default list to choose ringtone.

is there a way to set costume ringtones to individual contacts. ????

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
While the phone is connected to a PC, make 2 folders on the SD card (if using one).

Media/Ringtones (will be for ringtones)
Media/Notifications (will be for notification sounds)

Put the sound files in each of these folders you want to use... You need to then unmount the card as storage (set phone to USB charge only) before the phone will see your files as ringtones or notifications...

mr.s4ndm4n

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to save a ringtone that was sent to the phone via Text message. All i can do is play the ringtone and then it goes back to the txt message that it came in; no option to save to the SD card or phone storage.

Strygun

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to save a ringtone that was sent to the phone via Text message. All i can do is play the ringtone and then it goes back to the txt message that it came in; no option to save to the SD card or phone storage.
I believe this requires a 3rd party app, although I haven't needed this yet so I don't have it. Search the Android App Market.

makya53

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Thats what I'm looking how to do is changing email/sms for different people. Hell most people text for info not call. Is there an app that will do this for us.

GEMELLI

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the hijack, but I'm still trying to figure out if there's a way to set a different tone for mms on the Incredible, or if we're stuck with just one tone for all notifications. Also, at some point I figured out how to set a different tone for voice mail, but now I can't remember how to do it. Lol! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Hijack over.

rback15

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I tried that that first method.. but where do i go from there to see the ringtones. i still all i see if my songs. which are to long to use ..