Battery life not lasting? Your fix is in here

Joker35

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
I am loving this fix. Since I did this fix this morning battery is holding up strong. Down to 57% with some surfing and phone calls.

EAHinsch

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Woke up this morning, unplugged my phone from the charger, battery displayed 99%. Used the phone for a couple minutes checking my facebook, mail, etc. Look at the battery life a second time (about 3 minutes later), bam. 88%. What. the. ****.

Anyways I tried:
Menu
Settings
Accounts and Sync
Background Data = off

Weather won't update, test emails to my gmail weren't getting notifications unless I manually checked it. Definitely going to need a different "fix", than this proposed one.

You need to keep background data ON. You should you in Settings>Wireless & Network>Mobile Network Settings> UNCHECK the Always On option. Somebody stated that if you use GMail, etc, you need to keep the background data sync on. Hope this helps.

Strygun

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
It certainly has improved battery life significantly, though still not as much as I was hoping it would. It just seems the Inc has quite the battery strain.

jayinla#AC

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Do we have a consensus list of what applications are effected by this? I noticed after doing it, my WeatherBug was not updating every hour as I had it set to. Anything else?

6s1d9

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
OK, so I've read all about how this phone doesn't require a 3rd party task manager as it will self close programs once they become troublesome to the battery BUT... Just for kicks I downloaded Advanced Task Killer and the very first time I opened it, it showed at least 8+ apps running. *Question: Is the phone capable of sustaining decent battery life with it's own OS controlling open apps and the Task Killer program itself using and wasting power OR is it worth it to keep the Task Killer ???

Disturbed_Angel

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I set mine this way this morning and have noticed far better battery life through out the day. I can not speak for any apps being affected as all of mine except gmail, my IM app, and FB are update only when opened. Thanks to the op for sharing this info.

rosariorose9

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone feel like their battery has gotten better over the last few days? Ive played with the phone more than I did any other day that i have had it and its still at like 90%. At this time the last few days I was at like 70%.

I havent changed any of the settings or anything.

Funny you should say that, as I've experienced the exact OPPOSITE. Day one on the phone the battery lasted all day with no issues. I'm on day two now, and the battery life is significantly worse...and the phone is getting VERY warm after 15 to 30 minutes of use.

May 2, 2010
www.wjddesigns.com
I don't get this, why buy a phone that is a crazy smartphone media device that has things like friend stream and all the other updating things and disable the feature that lets you see things when it happens and updates and syncs while your busy with your life. This is just my opinion but all I hear is signal and battery drain claims and sometimes they are right because every user is different but I call placebo most of the time. The signal is great on my end even if it show 2 bars (boohoo it is just some visual bars all cosmetic lol) and the battery should be drained, your all using this machine at its peak. It is a laptop with a very small battery. Grab an extended battery and just be done with it, simple fix. And if your complaining about the addition to battery costs... you bought a GPS,Video recorder,mp3 player etc for only 200-500 bucks - some people are just to whiney and don't understand how far we come with technology.

Just let the battery do it's thing for at least a couple of weeks to see if the battery doesn't get better then look for the extended... :) I don't mean to write all this bashing as much as saying how I don't understand stripping a huge smartphone, I am sure theres an LG somewhere with your name on it ;)

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I don't think the attitude (above Wayne) was necessary, but anyway.

I tried the setting - didn't seem to help enough. I noticed that the home screen weather was more prone to error ("north coast"?). Other than that, everything else seemed to work well enough. (I only use Gmail-based services for personal/biz use, though.)

I'm going to keep watching user feedback about extended batteries. I'd like to buy one big 'ol battery - even if it requires a new back panel - and not have to worry about so many recharges.

Last edited:

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
rew001, that is the battery makya53 was referring to... His "twice as good" statement is referring to his experience thus far with it. I've been reading the other threads on battery issues and there are alot of positive reviews on the 1750 Seidio so far...

BTW, this is my first post and the DI is my fist Android phone... Thanks to everyone who has provided tips andtroubleshooting advice... Have really learned a lot so far...

DaveS024

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I tried this yesterday and I def had better batt life all day. However, my Gtalk kept signing out and then when i woke up this morning I couldnt sign into Gtalk. I went into the settings and turned it back on and it immediately signed into Gtalk and emails all of a sudden pushed through to my phone.

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Dave, which feature did you turn off, background data or enable always on mobile data? It seems the original topic of this thread referred to the mobile data one, but the background syncing was added mid way... If the background syncing was turned off and gets turned back on, it forces a sync of all applications you have listed under that header. Not sure if that would also affect keeping you signed in to GTalk...

dr.duct_mossburg

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Im not having anymore battery problems. I was using the phone heavily yesterday and it lasted the phone day. Turned Yellow right around mid night.

My storm was dead by then.

Im going to watch a full movie on it today and see how it goes.

Reactions: KoukiFC3S

Strygun

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Disabling the "always on mobile data" has definitely helped improve battery life on my phone. I left my phone on, in standby, overnight, and it only dropped about 10%. Granted, that seems to be a bit much for 8 hours of standby, but it's far better than what it was on release day and the day after.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non