Vibrate mode, no vibe for txt?

mike pertz

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Had the phone on vribrate mode and it does nothing when you recieve a txt, only the led blinks. Also noticed it does not vibrate when in regular mode and the vibration setting on.

hadisious

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Go to Messages - Menu - Settings

Then scroll down to "Received Messages"

There you will find notification options specific to SMS/MMS

kentoe

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi Mike,

I think that you may be suffering from a similar problem others had suffered including I. Hopefully this will help

kentoe said:
I FOUND THE FIX.

It requires the third party app HOWEVER you don't need to keep it.

Go to the market and download an app called "Sound Manager" by Daniel Roozen.

Once downloaded, launch the app, press menu, go to vibrate settings and there should be two options.

BOTH should be onto vibrate whenever possible. The bottom one was set to don't vibrate and was most likely set by another app I had previously downloaded.

My phone now vibrates when it should be.

Original find:http://androidforums.com/motorola-dr...tml#post375888

kentoe

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Thank you so much! This should be stickied! or in the FAQ/Tips and Tricks if it's not already.

No problem! Hah, yeah I agree. I feel like some apps have this effect on this untouchable vibrate setting via the android settings and it should definitely be fixed.

sum spicy rice

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
No problem! Hah, yeah I agree. I feel like some apps have this effect on this untouchable vibrate setting via the android settings and it should definitely be fixed.

I think this is very useful.. I've posted this in the the Tips and Tricks section and quoted you.

myxmastrmike

May 13, 2010
Visit site
mark me down for another "this should be stickied"!! This was driving me nuts! Luckily I found this thread... im going to link it to another post I found elsewhere on androidcentral so the girl in there might fix her issue too!

Thanks loads!

Dperks17

May 19, 2010
Visit site
idk if this is for all inc but does your phone vibrate 2 times then 2 little vibrates when recieving a txt message?

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I had installed TIMERIFFIC to automate my sounds and I think that's what messed up this setting. I'm just going to leave the app installed because it has a scheduler as well. I think I will use it.

markhunsaker

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Crazy, about a week in, I had this same problem. I ended up doing a factory reset which solved the problem. It was just a huge hassle.

Blah

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Just to throw my two cents in, you can also do this with Handcent. It's an app that takes place of the native messaging app but has a lot more features including the vibration feature asked for. The main feature I like is that it opens my text messages threads quickly that have a lot of messages in them.

For example, my girlfriend texts me constantly and I have a thread of >2000 messages. It took a long time to open in the native app. Handcent opens instantly.