Cannot access phone harddrive when connecting to computer?

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I set my options under 'connect to pc' to use the phone as a disk drive. When i connect it, it only shows the memory card storage in windows explorer. if i go to the top notifications and change it to 'charge only' and then back to 'disk drive', then it will show the phone's disk drive. has anyone else had that issue? this happened to me before and after i received this morning's update. kind of annoying to have to go back and forth to access my pics on my computer.

twinturbostang

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Just tried it on mine and it appears to be working ok (just got the update last night too).

Plugged it in, and selected "disk drive" option, then clicked "done". Opened Explorer and i see two removable disks. One is the onboard memory and the other is my Verizon supplied 2GB micro SD card.

edit: Looks like I have my default connection type set to "charge only". So when I plug it in, I have to change that to disk drive. I wasn't aware of the settings menu before.

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
mine stopped showing my internal storage as a drive when I connect it to my laptop at work - I can only get access to my SD card now - it used to pop two drive letters when I connected earlier this week

revlimiter

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Mine stopped showing the phone storage as well last weekend when I was loading music on my SD card. Didn't really bother me since I wanted access to the SD card, but it was still annoying.

I had selected Disk drive as default connection type and unselected "Ask me". When I went back into settings > connect to PC > and made sure "ask me" was checked, I started getting both mount points again.

(mount points = drive letters for linux folks)

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I just now was messing with mine and I see the two storage cards, however I can't access either one. Both say "please insert a disk into drive..blah blah".

So whats up with that?

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I went back in to the Connect to PC and rechecked the Ask Me again and now it sees both drives...

what a nice feature :p

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
i assume its like BBs. You cant access both at the same time.

My BB Storm 1 allows access to both at same time. I have actually moved stuff from phone memory to SD card via my laptop connection.

I only get one popping up on the Incredible....will have to try out what has been suggested above.

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
My BB Storm 1 allows access to both at same time. I have actually moved stuff from phone memory to SD card via my laptop connection.

I only get one popping up on the Incredible....will have to try out what has been suggested above.
no i mean you cant access it via the computer and also the phone at the same time. I though i read a post that commented about that. i think i might have misread something though

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
You should always see two storage cards when you plug it in to your computer. If you don't something is definitely wrong.

if i set it to "ask me" as someone suggested, then it will work. but if i set my default to "disk drive" then only the memory card will show up. try it yourself.

as for the person that suggested you might not be able to access both, you can. once i get both to appear in windows explorer, i can access both drives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martinst-uk