Google Earth for Incredible - Still Nothing?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
The market doesn't have google earth for the HTC incredible yet. Least not for anyone but csalem77 he must have connections.

http://earth.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=174898

Google lists it as only compatible with Nexus One and Droid (utilizing 2.1 or later) ARMv7 instruction set. My guess is they are making an incredible version that supports either a new instruction set to make it run better on the incredible, or they are just lazy and haven't updated the market yet ;)

You could probably use the appbrain app and select it as one of the apps to install to your phone from their site and go. Or simply find the apk file to install it.

Here is a link to a site talking about how it was pulled from the Moto Droid users and a like to download the apk file.
http://androidheadlines.com/2010/04/droid-users-download-the-google-earth-for-2-1-update.html

Download it and put it on your SD card. Get Astro file manager from the Market. Open the apk with it and select install. You got google earth.

Last edited:

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
google earth shows up just fine in the marketplace for me as of last night. might have something to do with having to reset the phone last night...

mritter88

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
My buddy was showing off his ipod and demonstrating how he could use Earth Google to show a street view of where we have a gig this weekend. I was too embarrassed to show him my brand new Incredible which STILL CANNOT USE Earth Google.

WHAT's up with that?? :confused::confused:

When will it become available? What's the holdup??

You do know that you can view Street View within Google Maps on the Incredible, right?

kev83202

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Google Earth is 3D not just an overhead satalite view.

One of my employees got the incredible a couple days ago and I was helping him install a few things, I opened the market and google earth was there. I've never had it show up on mine though.

iowabowtech

May 6, 2010
Visit site
google earth shows up just fine in the marketplace for me as of last night. might have something to do with having to reset the phone last night...

Yep. Was just reading a thread on another forum where a factory reset coincided with G-Earth all of a sudden showing up in the market as available.

mritter88

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I just did the clear chache and uninstall updatees in the for the market, and now it's there!

Not sure what you meant by "uninstall updates in the for the market"...

I've done a reset and still see nothing, unfortunately. Glad to see it's apparently trickling out though.

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
You do know that you can view Street View within Google Maps on the Incredible, right?
I didn't realize that.

Now that you mentioned it, I went and figured it out. You gotta tap on the map and go to the menu where the little man awaits your command.

Thanks!

generous

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what you meant by "uninstall updates in the for the market"...

I've done a reset and still see nothing, unfortunately. Glad to see it's apparently trickling out though.

+1 - I understand the cache, but the other item was a head scratch...

generous

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
+1 - I understand the cache, but the other item was a head scratch...

Okay I figured it out. When in manage applications, go to 'market'. There is a button that says "uninstall updates". When you perform this uninstall, google earth magically shows up in the market. Worked like a champ. May be placebo, but it seems to run smoother than the ported version I already had installed.

csalem77#AC

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Okay I figured it out. When in manage applications, go to 'market'. There is a button that says "uninstall updates". When you perform this uninstall, google earth magically shows up in the market. Worked like a champ. May be placebo, but it seems to run smoother than the ported version I already had installed.

Oh good. Guess I'm not the only one who has connections! It was probably showing up for me because I did a factory reset earlier that day.

mritter88

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site

Does this actually uninstall all of the updates I've downloaded for my apps though? Like the update to Google Maps I downloaded yesterday? If so, then are the updates then available for me to just redownload after I install Google Earth?

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Does this actually uninstall all of the updates I've downloaded for my apps though? Like the update to Google Maps I downloaded yesterday? If so, then are the updates then available for me to just redownload after I install Google Earth?

No, It only uninstalls the updates that were done to the Market. essentially it forces the Market to totally reload. that i swhy it manages to find Google Earth.

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
When you're in Street View, hit menu and try out compass mode...pretty cool feature. :)
Indeed.

At first I'm sitting here looking at the street and nothing happens....until I started to move it around and realized it was as if I was standing there looking around.

Excellent feature. I'll be showing this to my ipod buddy. ;)

mritter88

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site

Do this and also hit "Clear cache" as said in the other post and it works! I did those two things, went to the Market, and there it was. Google Earth :)

Thanks for the tips.

Strygun

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
This worked. Nice find.

Now, is there a way to re-update the Market to the most current version?

AlpineM3#AC

May 13, 2010
Visit site
So I went through all of the steps and Google Earth now shows on Market, but when I try to download that version it says there is a script error in the package!!!!

Anybody else getting that?

Also, since the instructions said to uninstall the updates, is there a way to update the Market or is it not necessary?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress