Seriously bricked here. ideas?

mojosanta

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Noob here. Dinc 1. Probably did unrooting steps backwards or something, but phone is completely useless.

insert battery, power on, white incredible screen. goes black, vibrates 5 times and flashes green indicator LED until battery pulled.

insert battery, hold Vol down, boot to HBOOT. try any of the menu items and follows above.

no matter what i do, i get the same 5 vibrations and led flash.

previously rooted phone, had issues with boot loops for 4 months. was dealing ok. during one, phone lost ID, so couldnt make or receive calls or texts. called support and they decided to send me a new phone. fine. more research and realize S-off voids warranty. Oops. try to unroot and turn S-On, but fail miserably. lost clockwork mod during the wipe, so Im pretty stuck here.

main question: Is there a way to wipe the boot from the phone so S-Off doesn't show when i return it? Or am i sucking it up and eating the $300 charge for the new one? Already received new Dinc2 and its great.

thoughts or suggestions?

iowabowtech

May 6, 2010
Visit site
First try plugging in the charge cable right when the splash screen comes up. Try it several times if need be. If no luck, got any ADB knowledge?

5 vibs of death fix - Android Forums

If you were on 2.3.4 before all these issues, I don't think the above link will work since I'm guessing you lost root and would need Z4root to gain temporary root in order to issue the commnads. If you are/were on 2.2 at the time of the debacle, you may be able to recover.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress