Incredible or Ally?

2WheelCowboy

May 19, 2010
Visit site
incredible. Nothing LG has had impressed me besides their TVs. Plus who knows when and if they wil update it in the future. HTC has a history now with Google, I wouldn't want to be the test dummy for LG.

Last edited:

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
it's really no contest. (incredible)

if you really want a keyboard, the moto droid is a far better choice over the ally.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Agree with everyone else. The Incredible is amazing and the Droid is great, too.

If you like touch keyboard, I would go with the Incredible.... if you like a physical keyboard, go Droid.

dc5dugg

May 2, 2010
Visit site
The LG Ally looks pretty underwhelming. I've had LG feature phones in the past and have liked them... I sure hope they put out better Android phones than the Ally.

Agree with everyone else here. Go with the Incredible or MotoDroid if you want the physical keyboard.

ABad Santa

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Since this is the forum for the incredible, you're going to get a biased answer, so i'll try to speak without any predilections.

The Droid Incredible is arguably the best smartphone on the market. Its specs are truly amazing, and it beat the iPhone 3GS in a CNET head to head comparison. It's no wonder that it is a CNET editor's choice.

If you're looking for an android phone with a keyboard, I would wait for the Motorola Droid 2 or even get the current Moto Droid. I personally don't like the keyboard but many people use it regularly.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
If u care about battery life stay away from the incredible. Even with the seidio battery it sucks. MOTO Droid and u can over clock it faster then inc do more with and since its s Google phone u will get 2.2 faster.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
If the processor is a big deal to you (it is for me, that's why I went with the HTC Incredible.)

Clearly the incredible wins processor wise.

HTC Incredible - Snapdragon, 1000 MHz (1ghz)
Motorola Droid - TI OMAP3430, 600 MHz
Lg Ally - MSM7627, 600 MHz

But if you want some thing cheap, for $99 dollars I don't see it being to bad of a deal.

Note I do not currently own any of these phones.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
for an extra $100 now you will be alot happier over the course of the next 2 years. just look up reviews for the Inc and Ally and you will see which is the superior phone

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
If u care about battery life stay away from the incredible. Even with the seidio battery it sucks. MOTO Droid and u can over clock it faster then inc do more with and since its s Google phone u will get 2.2 faster.

Not necessarily true. With the Seidio battery, I can get 30 hours out of it - yes, 30. The thing is you have to manage your up and awake times. If they're about the same, that is causing the problem and why your battery life is horrible.

My suggestions that have improved battery life:

1. Unsync and DELETE your HTC Flickr account if you have it active, and reboot the phone.
2. Download TaskPanel, and set the Calendar to the auto-kill list. This will make it so any time you put the phone on sleep, it will shut down the Calendar. This is a big deal because the Calendar is one of the major things that keeps the phone awake for some reason.
3. If you're an office or somewhere with Wifi for most of the day, go to Settings > Wi-Fi settings > Menu\Advanced > Wi-Fi sleep policy and change that to Never. This will keep your Wi-Fi active and stop it from searching for a 3G signal after 15 minutes. Yes, I know some people say Wifi is bad, but it's NOT as bad as your phone constantly looking for a signal.
4. Limit your active GPS usage (Maps, Nav, etc). This eats battery like popcorn.

Most importantly: STOP OBSESSING WITH YOUR BATTERY! Just let it be, and if you do the above your Seidio battery should last a good while. The trick is to minimize your "Awake Time" usage. The less that is, the more life you'll get.

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
LG has a way of promoting that makes their stuff look really good. However, I've never had one or played with one that I was underwelmed by, so take that for what its worth.

Biased or not, I'd still get the Incredible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1aas