Received Messages Notifications ( SMS notifications )

vatsyk

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I transferred 2 songs I really like to my SD card, they are showed up in the list of available ring tones for the phone, but how can I set these 2 song so they would show up in the list for " Received Messages Notifications ( SMS notifications ) ? I don't really like default short SMS notifications already preinstalled in the phone

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
On your sd card, make folders called notifications and ringtones. Put your tones where you want them. See if they show up.

soapy123

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Different Notifications for different events

Hi:

I am using the Samsung Vibrant. I want to use my own sounds for the following events:

New email
New text messages
Calendar alerts
Incoming phone calls

I have seen the suggestion shown below before but it does not work for the samsung vibrant (at least, I can't get it to work).

Yes, I can put the sounds I want to use on the SD card in a new folder called notifications.

And yes, I can even see the sounds. However, there is no option to use the new sounds for an event!

For instance, the only two events that I can assign are incoming phone calls and new email alerts. There is no way that I can find that will allow me to assign new sounds to other events, such as new text messages, etc.

I have asked this question at a few different forums and they all give the answer that was shown below. Unfortunately, it does not work.

Before you suggest getting Ringdroid, know that I have also tried it. It also does not allow assigning to different events.

Does anyone know of any apps that will allow me to assign my own sounds (or any sounds) to specific, individual events?

Thanks!

On your sd card, make folders called notifications and ringtones. Put your tones where you want them. See if they show up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer