Anyone else not get the GB update?

derekj

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I've had it pushed to me 2-3 times. I tried to accept - the "countdown to reboot" counted down and then nothing happened. Nothing - no reboot, no freeze. Phone continues to work as is, software says 2.2, "your system is up to date". I tried messing with the date, clearing the system cache, power cycling the phone, nothing. What a horrible user experience. No way I'm doing a factory reset to get this - who has a half a day free to reconfigure the whole phone??? Time is money people.

Anyone else not get it yet? or having no luck installing it when you do get the notice? My girlfriend has the same phone on the same carrier. She got the notice once about 2 weeks ago for the previous push (4.6?). Accepted it but nothing happened (same "countdown to nothing"). Since then, she hasn't even gotten the update message again.

Verizon fail.

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have had it happen to me 5 times already. I am almost ready to say to hell with the update. The transition from Eclair to Froyo was painless. What gives with this one?

neuftearia

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Tried all the "Tricks" in the other posts and nothing worked. I got the 1st GB update and am running 4.06.605.3 with no problems and smooth processing, so I see no need to update again. Maybe they'll finally fix the "No reboot" in the next OTA update.