is there a fat face app??

kg_jettaIV

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Your phone should turn off the screen when you put it up to your ear. If it is not then there is something wrong with the sensor and you should get it replaced/serviced.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
it works fine i jus have a problem of pullin the phone away while talking

Then how is your face hanging up on people? Even if you're pulling away, as long as you're within range of the proximity sensor, it will NOT turn on the screen, until you're completely away from the phone.

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't quite see how that is possible unless you have a faulty sensor. I tried every which way to duplicate your problem and cannot.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
really im the only person who hangs up on people in calls?????

Well you didn't answer my post.. how are you hanging up on people (even with the fattest face in the world) when the proximity sensor will NOT allow the screen to turn on until it is fully away from any object within range. This thread seems to be lacking some validity to it.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Uh yeah sounds like someone wants to play with the "cool" kids. Quick grab him! It's time for a swirlly in toliet! lol

blunt420

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Uh yeah sounds like someone wants to play with the "cool" kids. Quick grab him! It's time for a swirlly in toliet! lol

you guys are funny lol...i dont know if it has to do with the proximity sensor but i do call people or sometimes just when making the call or switchin over from another call i lose the call and theres a beep of some kind...maybe its just me but i was wondering if theres a talklock app or something like it??

Sebastianraven

May 1, 2010
www.twitter.com
Yeah... I don't have that issue. Infact, I have the opposite problem when I call a place that asks for prompts. I have to wait a sec or 2 just to get the keypad to show up.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
you guys are funny lol...i dont know if it has to do with the proximity sensor but i do call people or sometimes just when making the call or switchin over from another call i lose the call and theres a beep of some kind...maybe its just me but i was wondering if theres a talklock app or something like it??

Well I mean, if you're making a call, I would assume this is away from your face right? So I do not believe the proximity sensor nor a "fat face" are relevant.

So what you're saying is, when you're DIALING using to keypad, BEFORE the call is even in session, you're call is already dropped, and then a beep occurs?

I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around this and again, the validity issue just keeps coming up, and I'm not sure if you're serious or not.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I think what he means is he will be in a call, another call will come in so when swapping to the other line the call disconnects. To go to the other call you have to pull the phone away from your face, so a lock screen app wouldn't help. What would help is if you didn't hang up on the other person while checking the other line lol.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I think what he means is he will be in a call, another call will come in so when swapping to the other line the call disconnects. To go to the other call you have to pull the phone away from your face, so a lock screen app wouldn't help. What would help is if you didn't hang up on the other person while checking the other line lol.

Oh alright. His post made it seem like this was happening not only during call-waiting situations, but in several others (including dialing out a call). If call-waiting is the problem, what buttons are you pressing? The call should NOT just drop itself if you didn't touch anything and only pulled the phone away.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I'm not sure what he is trying to get across. It started out as his face was pushing buttons while he was on a call and hanging up on people. Then it turned into it was hanging up on them when his face wasn't touching it. Now it's turned into it hangs up on people on the original line when he swaps to call waiting. Next it will be it hangs up on people on his second line phone because the battery is red. I honestly think this guy is in the wrong forum, because for an Incredible phone user he sure doesn't know what the phone is capable of doing. Either that or he got a phone with no proximity and light sensors and a messed up screen.

ceekz

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
OK, I finally found someone with the same problem, but it was posted over a year ago. I am constantly hanging up on people mid-call. If I move the phone or try to hold it between my ear and shoulder, I activate the "call end" button, even when the phone is not parallel to the ground. Is this a faulty sensor? Sometimes I hear the phone reject the command because it senses the phone is upright and in call mode, but usually it just disconnects.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo