Factory Reset Advice

mobiledevice

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about doing one. What tips should I keep in mind before I do it?

Is there a way to back up my 3rd party apps or will Market remember me?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The market will remember all of your paid apps so you won't have any problems getting them back. And after you sign back into Google you will sync all your contacts, messages, and events.

locoman56

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about doing one. What tips should I keep in mind before I do it?

Is there a way to back up my 3rd party apps or will Market remember me?
I did a factory reset and used Astro file manager to back up all my apps. If you use any apps that stores info like passwords or serial and registration numbers they won't be remembered so you will have to enter those again. I backed up Password Keeper and had about fifteen passwords stored and when I did the factory reset and used astro to reinstall it all my passwords that I had put in were gone so I had to put them back in.

pmas

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
The first time you visit the market after a factory reset, ALL your previous apps (paid and free) that you downloaded from the market, will be listed and ready for download. If you close the market before you get them all, the next time you go to the market, only your paid apps will be there. So be prepared to download all your apps right after the factory reset before closing the market. Also, if you use a backup program like MyBackup Pro, you can restore your settings, sms, call log, and home screens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
movefla19