What I Want Most From Froyo...

eazid

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The one feature I really can't wait for with regards to Froyo is the option to use the pattern lock, numeric code, or password.

So far that's my most wanted feature. However long it takes for it to come to HTC sense UI... can't wait. Just hoping for sooner than later.

newdroidnewb

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
The one feature I really can't wait for with regards to Froyo is the option to use the pattern lock, numeric code, or password.

So far that's my most wanted feature. However long it takes for it to come to HTC sense UI... can't wait. Just hoping for sooner than later.

I assume you mean you just want the option to be able to use any of those 3 lock options as opposed to just the pattern lock.

Just in case you didn't know, the pattern lock is in standard Inc. 2.1 OS now under the security settings in the settings menu.

SpartanDroid

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
For me I am just excited for the performance increase. I hope that when HTC reformats froyo for the INC they try to address the battery issues. There are a couple little issues. Like when typing I wish the space bar was a slight bit bigger because I always hit the period. I have calibrated and also haven't found a better and as reactive keyboard as the HTC one. My other bug I want fixed is sometimes when I view a message it says that I still have 1 unread even though I have so I have to go back and then reclick on the message to get rid of it. Just small things that are annoying and could easily be fixed. Mainly performance increase for me though.

I dont really have a problem with the whole unlock because I never use it, but if i did I can see the excitment for the choice of unlocking.

Anyone notice the new video phil just posted about being able to do landscape for things like gmail or marketplace? I was thinking "don't I already have that" and HTC has already incorporated what he was showing us. Just wish you could rotate the home screen.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
For me I am just excited for the performance increase. I hope that when HTC reformats froyo for the INC they try to address the battery issues. There are a couple little issues. Like when typing I wish the space bar was a slight bit bigger because I always hit the period. I have calibrated and also haven't found a better and as reactive keyboard as the HTC one. My other bug I want fixed is sometimes when I view a message it says that I still have 1 unread even though I have so I have to go back and then reclick on the message to get rid of it. Just small things that are annoying and could easily be fixed. Mainly performance increase for me though.

I dont really have a problem with the whole unlock because I never use it, but if i did I can see the excitment for the choice of unlocking.

Anyone notice the new video phil just posted about being able to do landscape for things like gmail or marketplace? I was thinking "don't I already have that" and HTC has already incorporated what he was showing us. Just wish you could rotate the home screen.

This is a feature already present in Android. When you open the keyboard for the Moto Droid, the homescreen goes landscape. I would imagine HTC disabled it as part of Sense. Would be nice to have it back along with an option to disable Sense like the Evo has =]

SpartanDroid

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
This is a feature already present in Android. When you open the keyboard for the Moto Droid, the homescreen goes landscape. I would imagine HTC disabled it as part of Sense. Would be nice to have it back along with an option to disable Sense like the Evo has =]

With the droid the only way you can get the homescreen to rotate into landscape if you push the screen up and pull the keyboard out. It doesn't rotate if you rotate the phone. I am pretty sure on that.

aplittle

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I am looking forward to the speed increase. Although I want to get some use of 2.1 so then when I do get FroYo it will mean more. Seeing as how my Inc will be my first Android experience just as soon as it is delivered. ;)

Aaron

SpartanDroid

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Aaron you won't be disappointed with this phone at all. If you are a tech person then a constant playing of the phone for a week and you will love it so much and have android down. Like i said the speed increase I will love. Any extra features I will always love.

Does anyone thinks that HTC will do more updating after they get Froyo?

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I want the actual FroYo... I mean that sundae looks delicious and I haven't had a good Frozen Yogurt in a long time... ;)

Actually... While of course I'll be happy when the update is released, I'm having so much with the phone right now that I can actually wait for the update... Usually, I'm a little on edge and get overexcited when waiting like this, but not this time...

If I had to pick a feature though, it is the Bluetooth dialing... Definitely need that. Especially if it allows you to dictate text with the bluetooth.

epphllps

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I want to see about this 400+% performance increase :) The incredible and evo I have are amazing on Eclair but I can't wait for froyo and all the new features! Hope HTC doesn't take long with the sense UI.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress