Incredible Received Today!

llasch

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Just got the phone and this being my first smartphone I gotta say I am not exactly moving at lightspeed on this one. The phone itself is sick, great display...fast...everything you've been reading about it is true.

However I do have a few questions (and I did try searching for them). Is it possible to get rid of that stupid twitter widget? I do not use twitter so it is a waste of space. Second, how can I get the apps that I download from the android market directly to the home screen without pressing that little up arrow next to "phone" or is it possible?

llasch

May 24, 2010
Visit site
nvm I think I spoke too soon....I should have messed with this for awhile before wasting forum space sorry guys lol

Still don't know how to ditch that stupid twitter widget...

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
To remove applications or widgets from you home screens just long press on them and drag them to the trash can on the bottom of the screen.

To add applications just open your app drawer (arrow next to phone) and then just long press on the app you want to add.

To add a widget hit the plus symbol next to the phone then select widget or what ever you want to add.

To move an item just long press and drag to where you want and you can drag to a different screen if you want.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Congrats on your new phone! To remove any widget, press and hold the widget. After a moment it will be outlined in green and the "phone" area will turn into the "remove" area. Drag the widget down, and voila...it's gone!

Steve in CT

llasch

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys! I am pretty stoked about it and have been completely emersed in it since it was opened. Sorry if that question seemed stupid...I'll get this sucker whipped with time!

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Take a look at the video reviews that were done by Android Central, or even look on YouTube. I was new to Android when I picked up the Incredible, but eased right into using it because the various videos I watched were a great primer.

Steve in CT

llasch

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks I will check that out. Right now I am trying to decide some cool widgets to use for my 7 spots which I'm finding that I am being very picky...any suggestions?

bubbaken

May 22, 2010
Visit site
JEALOUS ME!

Ordered 5/20 ans still waiting for shipping notice. I'm trolling away and should be so familiar with this phone WHEN IT GETS HERE.

:p

I appreciate all the questions, thanks.

FramCire

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks I will check that out. Right now I am trying to decide some cool widgets to use for my 7 spots which I'm finding that I am being very picky...any suggestions?

If you use your phone differently based on time of day, weekend/weekday, or anything, you might want to mess with scenes, where you can set up different sets of homepages based on how you use the phone.

I am now 2 weeks away from getting mine, so I am jealous. However, I am using the time to make an app list, widgets list, and learn everything I can about the phone.

llasch

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I think I will probably stick to one scene however I have a question.

I am a big user of the switching from my normal sound settings to vibrate/silent/alarm only pending the situation. What is the quickest way to go between these settings on the Dinc?? I found vibrate only and silent but I had to go into settings...sounds...blah blah blah and I was wondering if I could just put a shortcut up or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith