Suspicious 'TimothyMilla' mystery app shows up in G Play Store

bbdraft

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
.What's up with this? TimothyMilla shows up in 'My Apps' today in Google Play Store with no App name, 100 downloads 400+ reviews, no email for developer, lots of too easy reassurances and urging to 'just open & enjoy'. This may or may not be Teeter as some reviews say but wouldn't you be suspicious and with good reason? Not only will I not open it, I want to know if this is a security issue, prank, or legit. I emailed Timothy Milla (through Shiny Tools) for some info. Though I'd ask here too.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: Suspicious 'TimothyMilla' mystery app shows up in G Play Stor

No idea what this is - I don't see it in my "My Apps" nor does it show up under a search for Timothy Milla in the Play Store. Could it be something you sideloaded?

dsearles

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

This app showed up on my Incredible as well. It's appearance coincided with Google's switch from Android Market to Play Store

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

I did a search in play store for it and timothy milla seems to be a developer

rvaccare

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

This mystery app is showing up in Google Play for me too. No way is it legitimate, but I would like to get rid of it.

matthewdlyons

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site

Update: According to comments under the app in the Play Store (I still hate saying and typing that), this is the Teeter app that is backed into HTC's ROM. Go figure. I hope that if that's the case, the app gets reclassified and properly named soon. There's no way to delete it at this point.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

Thanks Phil - I guess that also explains why it was not showing up for me since I'm not running stock.

Sabrinadroid

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

Any updates on what this is? Is this really just an app named poorly. I just noticed the same thing on my phone today.:confused:

fyrfytr24

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Same boat as you pville...wondered what all the hype was about, but since i am still running CM7 i didnt see it

TimothyMilla

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site

Well this is a little flattering... I'd just like to clear some things up. No, this isn't some major hack on the Android market that puts you all at risk. It is however, a huge bug in the new Play Store Google put out a little while ago. Let me explain: Google used to have a list of package names that they would screen from appearing in the market for example, preinstalled apps such as Teeter. Somehow when Google updated to the Play store, this system got reversed and it somehow picked my developer account (I'm still trying to contact Google and find out how) and displayed this on your "My apps" section. No, the app was not automagically installed on your phone, it was always preinstalled but it just now showed up in the Android market because of faulty programming on the engineering team for Google Play.

bbdraft

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the clarification. I also got an email back from Timmothy Milla saying he was not connected to this and was contacting Google for an explanation. So glad it all turned out to be nothing harmful and was just a glitch in those of us with stock Dincs when the switch over to Google Play Store occurred.

Swiped on my ADR6300

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol