GMail and Group Contacts

doctorg23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I have read the previous threads about this and can't find what I am looking for.

I would like to send an email in the Gmail app using my groups that are saved in my Gmail contacts. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks everyone!! :)

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
To send an email to a group you need to go to people >then move bottom tab to group > then select the group you want to send a message to > move the bottom tab to group action and select send group message.

Its not as easy as it should be but it does work.

doctorg23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
To send an email to a group you need to go to people >then move bottom tab to group > then select the group you want to send a message to > move the bottom tab to group action and select send group message.

Its not as easy as it should be but it does work.

Great! That is pretty easy, although could be easier. Especially since I want to use it to send pictures to groups. It looks like I won't be able to do this straight from the photos app...oh well. Thanks again for the tip!

credo

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I cannot believe that it is impossble to send to a group from Gmail w/o going in to people. I am trying to share a news article and can't. I was trying to forward an email to a group and can't. That is B.S. I expect more from a google product uses a google product.

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
yah this pisses me off too. there are time when i want to forward an email to a group i created, but can't do so until i get on a computer.

jerry 12

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I cannot believe that it is impossble to send to a group from Gmail w/o going in to people. I am trying to share a news article and can't. I was trying to forward an email to a group and can't. That is B.S. I expect more from a google product uses a google product.

Yes it is BS and i could forward emails all day long on my Blackberry to groups. :mad:

bmadgett

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi, and pardon the shameless plug, but I think my (newly minted!) free app might be what you're looking for. The exact same annoyance was bugging me, where I couldn't "Share" items with a Gmail contact group - in my case, it was trying to share photos in my gallery with my family or friends.

"Gmail Group Share (Free)" at https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.madgett.gmailgroup&token=Z6izOiJP

It allows you to "Share" stuff (e.g. photos from your gallery, or news links, or whatever) to Gmail Group Share, pick a Gmail contact group, then it fires up Gmail with all the contacts in that group filled in.

Hope it helps you out! It's just a basic first version but I have various plans for more features.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty