Dinc System Update to 4.08.605.15

romy134

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Actually my problem was when using the browser or certain app after hitting the home key it would show the white screen with the loading a lot, and I had gotten 4-5 dincs over my contract and got tired of it. My contract is actually up next month. But to be honest I don't think they have any dins in stock and they pulled all the din from their store to make room for dins 4g. I didn't even really push for the dinc 2. He just told me that they were gonna send me a new replacement and put me on hold came back and said that didn't have any dinc and that they would be sending me a din.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Actually my problem was when using the browser or certain app after hitting the home key it would show the white screen with the loading a lot, and I had gotten 4-5 dincs over my contract and got tired of it. My contract is actually up next month. But to be honest I don't think they have any dins in stock and they pulled all the din from their store to make room for dins 4g. I didn't even really push for the dinc 2. He just told me that they were gonna send me a new replacement and put me on hold came back and said that didn't have any dinc and that they would be sending me a din.

Sorry didn't get back to you in time ... I'm glad you are getting a new phone

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
My bad, my phone rebooted last night. I don't hear it because I use Bedside app, which mutes all sounds except phone calls coming through. Thing is that after the rebooting Bedside is off and my ringer volume is turned all the way down. I want this fixed instead of a different phone (my S3 has been charged to my card so it is coming soon).

jtoatoktoe

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
bad news after no reboot Tuesday morning, this morning it happened again at 2am....I actually had a full complete reboot at 1230..no biggie it happens every once in awhile..then 2am came and the 2am repeat started....bummer

jtoatoktoe

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I have had a repeat of me myself setting the reboot off. Monday it had not rebooted until i clicked the top button to see the time...then it started. This morning I woke up at 430 and the phone had not rebooted....then started after I checked it. So it seems either it will reboot at 2am auto..........it'll reboot if you even click the top button after 2am (to say look at the time) if it had not reboot. Or it won't reboot at all. I have had all 3 occurrences.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I have had a repeat of me myself setting the reboot off. Monday it had not rebooted until i clicked the top button to see the time...then it started. This morning I woke up at 430 and the phone had not rebooted....then started after I checked it. So it seems either it will reboot at 2am auto..........it'll reboot if you even click the top button after 2am (to say look at the time) if it had not reboot. Or it won't reboot at all. I have had all 3 occurrences.

Did you do a master reset ?

Mrkngpen

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
The 2am repeated reboot started happening to me the day after the system update (about a week ago). I went into a Verizon store and they said since I was past a year of having the phone, they couldn't offer a replacement. The did a factory reset (and I lost all my calendar info!). I had one quiet night and now it's back to doing it again. They told me to call HTC and see if they could help. But I just called VW customer service and they are sending me a replacement (don't know if it's an Inc or Inc2). Have any of you still had the problem with a replacement phone?

Last edited:

droidmindy

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
For anyone who *hasn't* updated or knows about these things - how often does it nag you to update if you ignore it?

I'm not interested in updating, since: (1) my phone is out of warranty but working perfectly (and I don't want to upgrade yet), (2) the update seems buggy, and (3) and the improvements are for features I never use. I'm hoping I can eke out a few more months on this phone since I really like it.

I accepted the update on Tuesday AM (after freeing up memory / clearing system cache), but a couple of hours later, I checked the phone and it was still on the update screen saying the phone was going to reboot, not actually doing anything. I needed to use the phone, so I cancelled out of the update and haven't seen it since. (Maybe HTC/VZW pulled the update?)

djsandee

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I did the OTA update Saturday morning on my DInc. Everything was fine until 2 a.m. Monday morning. It's reset every 2-3 minutes from 2 until about 4:30 the past 4 mornings. I've removed the SD card and I'll see what happens tonight. It's getting old!

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I did a factory reset last week and still have the issue. Mine rebooted from about 3 till I got up at 6.(up with my little one and got to watch the full wonder of the reset for three hours!). Need to call vzw again to see what they have to say. Hoping my s3 gets here soon instead :-D

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

djsandee

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
No 2 a.m. restart last night with the SD card out. I've put it back in and will report back tomorrow if it starts "Droiding" me at 2 a.m. again.

I updated my husband's Saturday, also and his stopped "loading" before the install was finished. All the downloaded apps were inoperable, so I did a factory reset and reinstalled all his apps. His is working correctly now and never did have the 2 a.m. restart problem.

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Update on my end: called vzw today. They said factory reset should fix it and since it didn't on line to try again... Love the reset. I'm not going to right now as my s3 is on its way. Will reset this once that gets here. As my phone does not have a warranty anymore they won't send me a new one.

For what it's worth.

bielawp

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I too had the nightly restarts. Here is what I did and my positive results:

1) I used Silent Boot to quiet the restarts during the night. Note that this application does not work with fast Boot enabled (under settings, applications).
2) I cleared the cache directory as documented for the second GB update:
a) Boot into recovery
b) Press and hold Power, Choose "Restart" option
c) When screen turns off, press and hold Volume Down and Power
d) When the white HBOOT screen appears, use the volume button to move down to ?RECOVERY.?
e) Press the Power button to select ?RECOVERY.?
f) When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.
g) Using the volume button, scroll down to ?Wipe cache partition? and select it.
h) Select "Reboot system now"
3) I freed memory. Even though you have a lot internal storage, you need both ?phone memory? and ?data storage.? This is the same method that I used to get the GB update/patch to install in the late fall.
a) Phone memory ? I freed 375 MB
4) Data Storage ? I freed 50 MB ? My advice is to delete the data under Contact Storage, My contact storage had ballooned to 23 MB. It refreshed from my Google Contacts at just over 1 MB.
5) I used Bootlog Uptime to document that my phone is no longer restarting each night.

Once I cleared the cache directory and freed memory, I was done with the nightly reboots. I have been clear for two nights. I hope that I am not speaking too soon.

degree248

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with VZW after being plagued by multiple restarts this morning between 2:00a-3:05a. The VZW Support Representative was very helpful in explaining what the issue is.. unfortunately not the best outcome I wanted. So here is what they told me - This is a "known" problem they they have already contacted HTC about. HTC had told them that they added a new "Memory Optimization" routine that is scheduled to run between 2:00a - 5:00a. VZW Rep continued to say that this "optimization" will continue to try running repeatedly until it can complete -- therefore any interruption to the core DROID system may interfere with it. There recommendation which has already been covered in the thread is to "Cleared System Cache" or "Restore Factory Defaults" and put phone in "silent" mode until it can finish.

All good things to know in advance, but unfortunately I am unable to put my phone in Silent mode due to being On-Call. I have already cleared system cache during the many reboot cycles this morning with no benefit. I was hoping VZW would offer up sending me a replacement phone DINC or DINC2 but after asking them for a replacement, they declined since I am out of warranty. I am hoping for a good nights rest tonight, but will continue to follow this thread for the next few weeks to report on any progress I've made.

Reactions: ajlee7

ajlee7

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Just got off the phone with VZW after being plagued by multiple restarts this morning between 2:00a-3:05a. The VZW Support Representative was very helpful in explaining what the issue is.. unfortunately not the best outcome I wanted. So here is what they told me - This is a "known" problem they they have already contacted HTC about. HTC had told them that they added a new "Memory Optimization" routine that is scheduled to run between 2:00a - 5:00a. VZW Rep continued to say that this "optimization" will continue to try running repeatedly until it can complete -- therefore any interruption to the core DROID system may interfere with it. There recommendation which has already been covered in the thread is to "Cleared System Cache" or "Restore Factory Defaults" and put phone in "silent" mode until it can finish.

All good things to know in advance, but unfortunately I am unable to put my phone in Silent mode due to being On-Call. I have already cleared system cache during the many reboot cycles this morning with no benefit. I was hoping VZW would offer up sending me a replacement phone DINC or DINC2 but after asking them for a replacement, they declined since I am out of warranty. I am hoping for a good nights rest tonight, but will continue to follow this thread for the next few weeks to report on any progress I've made.

Thanks for the update. What exactly does it mean to put the DINC in silent mode? Airplane mode or turn off ringer?

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Just got off the phone with VZW level 1 and 2 support. They were really pushing for me to upgrade or file an insurance claim. Long story short, after a lengthy back and forth about SW updates and known issues they are sending me a "one-time" replacement. No idea what I'm getting but I'll just be glad to not have my wife yelling at me to shut my phone up.